Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax premier 2023 gives a "there seems to be a problem" notice when uploading quicken files. I have tried it both with quicken running and not running. Suggestions?

Exactly.  I don't know why this is so difficult to understand

Turbotax premier 2023 gives a "there seems to be a problem" notice when uploading quicken files. I have tried it both with quicken running and not running. Suggestions?

agree.

Don't know why we can't get a straight answer out of TT as to when this will be fixed.

resthome

Ditto.  Never had to create a separate file

download. What’s with Intuit?

peterkronenberg
Returning Member

I just opened up last year's Turbo Tax 2022 and had no problem importing from my current Quicken file.  So this problem is clearly with the new Turbo Tax 2023

well, guess that answers that question - it's a TT 2023 issue.

I'm new to TT, bought it cause I expected it to read my Quicken file - very sad it doesn't work.

Do realize that the work around does work, so guess it could be worse.

When will TT fix this?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The TurboTax for Windows personal software can import data directly from Quicken of the same year, plus the prior and following year.    This means that TurboTax Desktop for Windows 2023 can directly import from Quicken 2022, Quicken 2023, and Quicken 2024.

Although data from Quicken versions outside the three-year window cannot be directly imported, you can still import from the Quicken .txf file.

I am attaching the current instructions from TurboTax to directly import Quicken data.   The version of Quicken you are using matters when importing.   Can you tell me what version of Quicken you are importing from and which directions are not working from this Help Article - Importing Quicken Data To TurboTax Desktop

@gsundel 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Quicken Classic Business and Personal

Version R53.32

Build 27.1.53.32

Windows 11

@HStansfield @DawnC 

So I have the same version as HStandfield, but i'm still on Windows 10 not 11.

But I just upgraded TT 23.000.0367 this evening and now the import works.

so maybe fixed in the latest release of TT?

I looked at all of Dawn's post and the only thing I hadn't tried before was ensuring the Quicken file was open when doing the import.  Turns out now with the TT update, if Quicken file is closed, it actually starts up Quicken - so don't know if it would have worked before or not.

But seems to work now.  Good luck all - and thanks Dawn for your message.  But seems to work with Quicken Classic SaaS version too. 

forgot to update, mine is Quicken Classic Deluxe (not business and personal) R53.32

peterkronenberg
Returning Member

I think we all know this and most of us have been doing it for years.  The point is that it doesn't work.

And given Quicken's subscription model, I don't think referring to Quicken 2022, Quicken 2023, etc, really makes any sense.  I'm always running the latest version of Quicken because it automatically updates.  Currently, I'm on R53.32 Build 27.1.53.32

peterkronenberg
Returning Member

I just updated TT today to that same version and it still doesn't work for me

crickets.png

Interesting. In 2023, I imported my Quicken data into TurboTax Premier 2022 in February without an issue. Aside from that just think of the ramifications of what is posted about the fix being available in June. Taxes have to be filed in April so that article is obviously screwed up/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies