Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Premier 2023 desktop tools: Tax History details data are wrong

Refund seems an effective tax rate and Taxable Income is tax in the charts.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same problem. I am worried that the data and numbers that the program is calculating are also wrong. The tax history details in the tool box at the upper left corner are completely wrong. It gives numbers for taxes I paid in previous years incorrectly. The numbers are wrong for taxable income, for all items. (I compared them to the previous turbo tax files to confirm.)  Some numbers look like they are switched or moved up or down one, but others are completely nonsensical.  The numbers in the tool box tax history drop down for 2023 are also wrong as I input new data. Is it a corrupted disk? Should I buy a new one? I don't trust it. I keep updating, hoping that is the problem, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

@loralee1 Click on Forms.  When in Forms mode scroll down to the bottom of the federal return, forms, schedule and worksheets.  Click on Tax History to open the worksheet.  Is the information correct or corrupted?

That information looks correct.

Then there is just a program software issue when presenting the Tax History from the Tools menu using the desktop editions.  The actual Tax History worksheet is apparently correct.

So what is the fix for that? Are all the 2023 cds problematic, or is it only some of them? Will an update fix it? I shouldn't be dealing with a software issue at this point.

dj_999

I concur with tax_mom.  There are many incorrect label/amount pairings in the Tax Summary sheet, and these are carried forward to the Detail page as well.  

It doesn't appear to affect the actual tax filing, but it greatly reduces confidence in product quality.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies