Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

genbook
Returning Member

Turbotax Mac 2022 system requirements

Will Mac Turbotax 2022 run on the newest Mac OS, Ventura?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

28 Replies

The system requirements can be found at the link below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

The posted requirements seem a little ambiguous.

The first bullet says 'Big Sur 11 or later', but then the 'Specific macOS' sub-bullet

ends with macOS Monterey 12. Doesn't give me confidence.

• macOS Big Sur 11 or later (macOS Catalina 10.15 not supported)
    • Specific macOS: macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12

You are absolutely correct, Paul505. We need someone who is actually running Mac Ventura OS to a Turbotax software development employee to weigh in on whether Turbotax 2022 desktop products are compatible with Mac Ventura. I'm delaying updating from Monterey until I can get that answer.

genbook
Returning Member

That is the key thing - you cannot return software if you open it/download it. I have a desktop, but will need to run TT on my Monterey laptop as I will be snowbirding.

Does downloading show as an option for you right now in MAC? I got the  email alert my CD will be sent out about a week ago and that downloading is an option /courtesy, but there's no download button avail yet. 

I think you have to wait to get the CD and it will have instructions on how to download instead.  You will need the 16 digit license code from the CD package to enter online to download it.  So save the package!  Or did you already get the License Code in your email?  

Never mind. I just found the disclaimer, bottom of page, that tells you, you have to ask for it. I thought the blue button would auto show up. 🙂

To genbook: By desktop, I just meant “on your computer” as opposed to “online with the online version.” Once you have successfully installed TT 2022?onto your laptop running Ventura, please let me know. I have installed my new TT 2022 onto my MacBook Pro running Monterey and it works fine. Waiting until I hear from you or someone running Ventura before I upgrade to Ventura. 

genbook
Returning Member

Actually I messed up before. I have a desktop running OS 12 (Monterey) and I would need to run TT 2022 on a Macbook Air running Ventura OS 13). I need to find out if TT 2022 will run on Ventura.

Me too, genbook. That’s what I’m trying to find out. Let’s keep each other posted on the Ventura TT 2022 situation. If you already have Ventura on your MacBook Air, can’t you just install TT 2022 on it. 

genbook
Returning Member

I would be willing to try, but if I buy it and get it via download I cannot likely return it if it doesn't work!

I've seen a couple comments on Amazon (one from Turbo Tax support and one from a user) that it works on Ventura.

To Paul505 and genbook: Today I decided to take one for the team and I upgraded my MacBook Pro 2019 from Monterey to Ventura. Turbotax Home & Business 2022 had already been installed earlier this month. Well. I'm breathing a lot easier and have a big smile on my face.

Turbotax Desktop Home & Business 2022 works just fine on Mac Ventura 13.0.1!!!! There was an initial hiccup when TT couldn't find last year's TT H&B 2021 return to import into TT 2022. Before stroking out, I quit TTHB 2022 and opened TTHB 2021...a few updates were installed and then I opened last year's file. Closed file and quit TTHB 2021.

Fired up TTHB 2022 and noticed a link to use "if I didn't see last year's return." Easy-peasy to scroll through the Documents listed in the TTHB 2022 window and locate the 2021 tax return. It imported perfectly.

So I think we can all relax in the knowledge that Turbotax Home & Business 2022 works just fine in Mac Ventura.

My only caveat would be if you are still running Monterey, install TTHB 2022 first and then upgrade to Monterey. Doing otherwise will probably work since the program works in Monterey, but why tempt fate?

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

genbook
Returning Member

Thanks to all who replied. I guess that this is what I have decided. I will buy it, install onto Monterey, and then install onto Ventura.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies