turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax is not letting me E file my New York State taxes but New York state does not allow you to mail it in! My federal return was E files and accepted.

It's horrible. And every time I call I get someone who knows nothing about this. I spend hours on the phone and it's now March and I still can't file my NY Tax returns.

Turbotax is not letting me E file my New York State taxes but New York state does not allow you to mail it in! My federal return was E files and accepted.

This hasn't helped me. Still can't file

@suect1987 wrote:

You can't do this if you have already paid. I am stuck. Turbo Tax will not allow me to file my NY tax returns and I can't delete and start over

Can't do what?  Just print and mail your NY tax return as indicated in the answer provided.

Turbo tax is missing a form. I keep getting this message below and I can't file until this form has been uploaded to Turbo Tax. They said it's called the NYCE IRA.  'NY State Error for COVID Retirement Distributions - "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief."

I submitted it to NY State twice and it was rejected twice because this form is missing.

Ecer97

I had the same problem. Customer service basically said the same thing. That they are waiting for a form. I found this solution when I asked if I could file federal now and state later on the TurboTax help. I don't know if it helps you but hopefully it does.

"...You can, but your e-filed federal return will need to be accepted before you can e-file your state (or, you can just paper-file your state return later).

Pay for both your federal and state returns now and when you get to the "Here are your filing options" screen, select Change next to your state return. On the the Change filing method screen, select I'm not ready to file and Save.

I filed NY State, but it was rejected twice. Would love to know which form I am waiting for. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What is it saying when you get rejected?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Took the 0'd out, still won't transmit the file for NY State?!?!?!?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Greg20211 What is it saying when you try to submit?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Agree. I have tried talking to many different people and they are clueless. I am considering having them refund my state fee and just using a different software. Will not be using turbotax at all from now on.

I am thinking of doing the same, and just going to my credit card company and having them remove $50 off the bill, as I got no help from their help desk, got disconnected after fifty five minutes of noisy background, on hold frequently, and being told repeatedly it's a state problem and I just have to file a paper return.  I will call one more time today, though, and give them one more chance before I take that step.  I have been a customer for over a dozen years, but this year is like I am dealing with some clueless newcomer to the tax system?!?!?!?

If you live in New York it's illegal to file paper if you used a software program like Turbo Tax. Found this out AFTER the tax expert told me to change filing method form efile to mail in - The message saying it's illegal to mail it in was printed on the 2nd page. 

NY State Error for COVID Retirement Distributions - "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief."

NY State Error for COVID Retirement Distributions - "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies