turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS ROBINHOOD BLAMES TURBO TAX TURBO TAX BLAMES ROBINHOOD AND US CUSTOMERS CAN'T GET THE RESPECT WE DESERVE IN BOTH OF THEM GETTING TOGETHER TO FIX THIS PROBLEM 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

It could be a couple of possibilities. One is that the password was entered incorrectly, you will need to grant third-party access for Turbo Tax to import. Also, it could be that there are too many individual transactions to import as the limit is 1500.

As we do not have access to your account or return, rest assured, we are looking to provide a solution or viable workaround.

Please refer to these Turbo Tax articles for additional assistance.
How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?
What if I can't import my 1099?
How do I import my 1099?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why is the limit of 1500 so low? If it remains 1500 why would any mildly active trader use Turbotax if they have to manually enter trades over 1500?

Good morning,

@SForrestLO  Please respond to the question at hand, rather than responses about other topics.

There is no password for 1099 forms that aren't 1099-B - turbotax asks for the account # and document number. This produces the error.

Also, resting assured and taxes do not go together. This is the IRS we're dealing with, not some peripheral agency with no authority.

I had to enter my document ID in lowercase and without spaces. I typed it out in lowercase rather then copying from form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies