Mphillips351

turbotax emailed me saying I owe them $150

So I got an email from turbotax saying that I owe them in the amount of $150. I'm very confused. I was under the impression their services were free and even so why didn't the $150 just get taken directly out of my return? I'm Currently between jobs right now and don't start my new job until june 17th.. I don't have the money to just give away like that right now. In the email it says they will debit my card on file on june 4th. This is not going to be possible as I have rent and utilities to pay. Can someone please help? Will they give me an extension? :(

Sounds like the IRS is taking too long to send your refund or reduced it. See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees. If you don't pay they will debit your account. You had to agree to it.

Boski1993

This exact thing happened to me, also no turbo tax is not free if you don't choose the free option ( It would also take an idiot to not know what they were choosing as it is VERY CLEARLY labeled) However, have you actually received your Federal refund? (that is the one they take the payment out of) Because I chose the option to pay out of my refund as well, my refund STILL has not been processed by the IRS and I too received an email stating i would need to pay for an "Outstanding Balance" of $30 because the government is taking to long to process taxes. Also good luck getting ANY information from customer service, the folks willing to work the phone lines are either not wanting to actually do their job or to incompetent at english comprehension to actually ascertain what an individual's problem is.