Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

teelainen
Returning Member

Turbotax doesn't let me enter each expense item for my home office. Is there a bug?

I have been claiming home office and using the percentage of actual expense method (instead of simplified method of $1,500) every year.  My business profit on Schedule C is way more than my home office expense.  However, there is no where for me to enter my actual expense this year.   Is there a bug in Turbotax?

clipboard_image_3.png

It let me take $1,500 home office deduction using the simplified method.  However, I want to use the actual expense method same as all the years before. So I chose the actual expense method in the screenshot above. It takes me to the next screenshot:

clipboard_image_1.png

After I chose "quick entry" in the screenshot above , it immediately takes me to the screenshot below.  

clipboard_image_2.png

Why don't I see a screen where it let me enter my expenses?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbotax doesn't let me enter each expense item for my home office. Is there a bug?

You should contact Customer Support (link below) during regular business hours with respect to this issue.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Further, considering the nature of your other post (depreciation on a business vehicle), you might want to consider using TurboTax Home & Business (which is a CD/Download installed product) in the future. That product has Forms Mode and, in my opinion, is more robust than its online equivalent (for example, I have no problem with Home Office entry and the screens are different than those depicted in your screenshots).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies