Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dc7
Level 1

TurboTax Deluxe 2017 for Mac is stuck in a Download Update loop.

TurboTax Deluxe 2017 for Mac is stuck in a Download Update loop.  I have downloaded the same update 4 times now.  Each time upon relaunch it states it needs an update and downloads what appears to be the same update again.  No identifier but each time it is 263.4 MB in size.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dc7
Level 1

I followed the Uninstall and Reinstall directions as described here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac  and it seemed work.  An annoying process and more time wasted, but effective.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
dc7
Level 1

I followed the Uninstall and Reinstall directions as described here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac  and it seemed work.  An annoying process and more time wasted, but effective.

I had the same problem.  Following the guide to uninstall and then reinstall worked for me as well.

I am having the same problem on macOS 10.12.6. I followed the uninstall/reinstall procedure, but TurboTax Deluxe 2017 is still stuck downloading the same update each time I launch it. (update) ==> Repeating the procedure a second time seems to have worked.

Is this problem caused by installing from the CD instead of downloading?

In my case, no. My initial install was from a download.
sebman2

Please fix this, I'm having the same problem
mwglcg98

Same issue, something is obviously broken in their update code!  UPDATE==> After 5th loop try, it actually worked and went through...so didn't have to do Uninstall proc thankfully.
bbbbboybk

Same issue and it repeated after uninstalling and reinstalling.  OS 10.12.6!

I did the uninstall/reinstall and had the same issue of it not working. I turned off my internet security (Trend Micro maximum security) and redid the download and installed updates and this time it worked. Then I turned back on my internet security. Not sure this is a cure, but it worked for me this time.

Argh. I had it working last weekend, and now it's beck to the update loop. Has anyone gotten definitive support from TurboTax?

Yep. Quit turbo tax completely. Disable WiFi. Launch turbo tax. Once it’s open and loaded, turn WiFi back on. Then use the turbo tax menu to “check for updates” and install any available updates. This fixed the loop issue for me.

@matt's suggestion worked for me -- thanks! "Yep. Quit turbo tax completely. Disable WiFi. Launch turbo tax. Once it’s open and loaded, turn WiFi back on. Then use the turbo tax menu to “check for updates” and install any available updates. This fixed the loop issue for me."
yengst

what a "great" piece of software. You either have to turn off connectivity to the world or turn off security features in the OS to make a simple update work?!? That's crazy.

Uninstalling and reinstalling (twice) did not work for me.  But @matt 's idea worked great, and it's much less hassle.  No need to disable security.  Temporarily disconnecting network is a hassle but at least it doesn't mess with security settings.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies