Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax assumes another disaster distribution payment is needed when I have already completed them.

TurboTax assumed that I still need to repay a disaster distribution when I have already paid off all taxes in the previous 3 years (2020, 2021, 2022) and no longer need to do so for 2023. I didn't add any 1099-Rs. There is no way to remove the assumed disaster distribution payment for 2023. When I attempt to visit the "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)" section to remove the presumed amount and answer all the questions I end up with the following message, "You'll need to revisit this area..." Again I don't need this section. How do I remove this amount to continue with my tax filing? Do I really have to wait for TurboTax to update a section that I NO longer need in order to finish filing my taxes? This is absurd.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax assumes another disaster distribution payment is needed when I have already completed them.

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer, click on Forms.

When in Forms mode locate these forms on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to open each one and at the bottom of the screen click on Delete Form

If using the TurboTax online editions -

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer, click on Forms.

When in Forms mode locate these forms on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to open each one and at the bottom of the screen click on Delete Form

If using the TurboTax online editions -

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Thank you for the info! You were more help than direct phone support. Just a heads up I first attempted to delete any "1099-R" and "8915-F" forms I saw, but this didn't work until I deleted this full named form they had listed as well: "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions". I was on the online TurboTax edition.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies