Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2023 State Forms Not Loading after Download

@rjm1cc

Sorry——TurboTax is not doing an adequate job of letting users know that few—if any—state programs are ready yet, and that many states themselves do not have their forms ready.   You can check here for when you will have a better chance of completing your state return.   The dates are subject to change.

Tax form availability tool,

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have the same problem. I am in PA and TurboTax says forms available on 1/3/24. When I select PA (today 1/3/124) it says it is downloading the state and seems to have no issue except the state forms never show up. Tried multiple times with restarting TurboTax and rebooting laptop. I says that PA was downloaded.

State (Maryland) download mess...

Instructions said state not available until 1/3/2024. I waited. Today is 1/3/2024. TurboTax let me pay for the download today - but no license key was provided with the receipt. The product is listed in my 'downloads', but without a link to actually download. 

Going back to TT desktop and clicking on the State button I get the same looping issue others have mentioned.

Does Intuit have a solution?

We are not employed by TT---we are volunteers here in the user forum.  Call customer support to complain.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Mon- Fri

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I'm having this issue with Turbo Tax business.  

Same thing with my TT business. It told me it was ready last week. Now I'm either in endless loop of clicking to get it or blank windows.

Exact same problem downloading and installing PA corp software on the day it became available.  Charging my account for the download, however, worked for intuit.  Incompetent telephone assistance.  this company should be investigated for charging for software that they do not provide.

davidhostoffer
Returning Member

Nothing worked - 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you are caught in a loop when trying to download a state, click this link for instructions on how to use TTStateCleanup Tool. 

If the cleanup tool does not resolve your issue, try uninstalling/re-installing TurboTax.

If this does not resolve your issue, you need Technical Support, as it may be an issue related to your computer/system, requiring a tech to get inside and have a look around.  

Or, you may be issued another state download. 

@davidhostoffer 

@wwnnww 

@brycesteiner 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Regarding TurboTax state of PA corporation tax not installing although TT kept my $53 payment, I did everything suggested to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled the US tax, re-booted computer - still no PA software installation.  I called for tech support.  The tech I was connected with was anything but someone who should be working in tech support.  Gave her control of my computer to look around - response was "yes, I can see what you're saying - try again after 1 PM".  Like others commenting, I have used TT for many, many years and never previously experienced this problem.  I am disgusted with Intuit.

VA is working for me now. I did do an uninstall and reinstall and it still wasn't working. I gave it a few days (early January maybe around the 6th) and it finally started working. 

State clean app did not resolve issue of state software not installing although it has been paid for and shows up as having been downloaded.   Fix this!

@wwnnww wrote:

State clean app did not resolve issue of state software not installing although it has been paid for and shows up as having been downloaded.   Fix this!

Go to this TurboTax website for forms availability, choose TurboTax Windows in the dropdown, then select the type of forms being filed, 1120 Corporate, 1065 Partnership or 1120-S S-Corporate and select your state.  The dates shown are when the files will become available - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Same here. Tried the clean up tool, removing in safe mode, reinstalling, etc. I'm still in a loop. I'm guessing the forms must not be ready and I'm just wasting my time. I just wish their software would say not ready instead of this garbage.

I am having the same exact problem trying to get the PA state return to work

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies