Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax 2021 CD from Amazon will not activate. The spinning four dots continue without bringing up the screen to enter the code. How do you activate on Win10?

Activation screen never comes up so the 16 digit code cannot be entered yet.  Running Windows 10 with a proper internet connection.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax 2021 CD from Amazon will not activate. The spinning four dots continue without bringing up the screen to enter the code. How do you activate on Win10?

I had to close TurboTax and then open it again for it to ask me for the registration key. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I had to close TurboTax and then open it again for it to ask me for the registration key. 

I rebooted Windows 10 one more time and it worked.  Don't know if perhaps some waiting period was required because of a temporary problem with the license servers.

Thank you, hposey2012.  Your solution worked!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies