turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

New TurboTax 2018 Home and Business crashes constantly on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.

Won't run at all now. Started half way though tax preparation when TurboTax asked the same question twice and then crashes. Did that several times at the same question.  Now it crashes when I try to open a tax file. It is now useless. Tried restart and then reopen Turbo Tax. Worked all the way through once.  Now it won't work at all and crashes when i try to open a tax file or start a new return. I will cancel my Turbo Tax Advantage account because of this. Unacceptable with nothing but "it must be your computer" from Turbo Tax tech support. I am done with it.  Pass the word please.

HS2
Level 2

I don't think this is a PC or a Mac or what it's running on issue.   This is a turbotax issue, crappy code and lack of quality control.  I have had 2 updates since and yet there's no acknowledgement of a problem or a fix.  I submitted my taxes already (couldn't wait for them to fix) while dealing with continuous crashes.  I really should return this but I did use the software (with lots of pain).  No one reads this guys, we're on our own.  Good luck, deal with the problems and use something else next year.

Similar problem (Mac Mojave with latest version) with crash act same point in responding "no" to a question option. We depend on this software to work! I have deleted the app and am reinstalling. Nope...still crashes.

jomarch24

having similar problems on High Sierra. I've done two returns already (since things aren't really working correctly this year, I thought I'd start over and try again). Now on the third effort, and the program crashes. MAC autoinstalled some kind of correction, but it doesn't help. Last week I didn't have this problem, so it must be in a recent update.  And we're running out of time. What's the deal, TurboTax?

I was dealing with this same issue today after the last TT update.  I had no issues when I used the application (W10) in Feb/19.  But the update today 3/31 may have been the issue.  After reading some of the remedies, I tried the W8 compatibility setting, but that didn't fix the issue.  The other suggested remedy, running as Admin, appeared to have fixed the issue.  It could very well be the combination of both.  I didn't go back to see about removing the W8 compatibility setting.

Kristin

Crashed three times in last two days. Lost hours and hours of work. Completely frustrated. I've used Turbo Tax for 10 years - no more.

Kristin

What is W8 compatibility? I don't understand.

Terpening

I have TT2018 Home and Business on a Mac (or had).  12 tech calls and about 9 hours of phone time.All techs are very polite but not helpful. One told me to call Apple on how to uninstall the program. I found another way to do it but now am listed as having Free TT and cannot call anyone without paying. I have used TT products since 1987. I refuse to buy another TT product based on this year and the time that I have wasted.  It kept requiring a 20 minute update and then, would go back to beginning. I finally bought a Windows based computer but will never buy TT products again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Windows but agree with your opinion of TT.  WAS a customer since the early 90's when their name was ChipSoft in San Diego. Pulled my hair for three months this year until crunch time and returned it to Amazon. Yes, they took it back after three months. Bought HR Block TaxCut. Clean, intuitive (rather than intuit), reliable, and WORKED with out crashing.  Bye, bye, FOREVER TT.

Terpening wrote:  "listed as having free TurboTax and cannot call anyone without paying."

It sounds like it may be a moot point now but if you have desktop software, you have free TurboTax phone support.   At the contact form at the link below there's a dropdown product menu, where you indicate you are using desktop software for Mac (CD/download), then choose the edition, then state your issue.   It will then ask you for some information and should either provide you a phone number or schedule a call back.   Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

You also said you were having difficulty uninstalling your Mac product, but figured it out.    So this is likely moot, too, but in case someone else reads this thread, here are some uninstall/reinstall steps for Mac:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/00/26050

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, there is one born every minute. I called, wrote, and ignored. Sorry I woke up this AM to see emails updating the TT bug status with nothing.

Manage cookies