turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HS2
Level 2

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Hit the save button, hit transmit. Worst release. I left a review but I doubt their PR department will ever publish my review.
phan
Level 3

Able to save and transmit my 2018 fed and state e-file today. TB software constantly crashes on my 3 PC laptops so I installed TB on my MAC and was able to complete my 2018 return. Good bye Turbo Tax, next year will look somewhere else.

Let's hope they fix it. I still need to file in October entering data is stressful never know when it might crash, when it does it just "disappears" need to save often.

Home and Business is having the same instability.  This is unbelievable that they have not fixed it yet.

RonRPh

After continuous crashes, saving my files constantly, and then reading through this thread, I tried minimizing TurboTax . Not running it in full screen is working beautifully. Thank you to whoever suggested that remedy.

I just got this email just now from the Intuit TurboTax support team....maybe, HOPEFULLY, this is really a fix for the crashes.

Hi there,

You are receiving this email because you signed up on a TurboTax support article regarding "TurboTax Windows 2018 Crash errors.

We are happy to inform you a recent TurboTax update has been released resolving this issue.

If you are using TurboTax Online, updates are applied automatically.  If you are using TurboTax Desktop, make sure you download and install the latest update.  If you need assistance with updating, please refer to the following support article.

How to Update TurboTax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901183

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

The TurboTax Help Team

Can't sign in or don't have an account? Visit TurboTax support.
http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/index.jsp

Sorry, not sure the link worked.

Here is the link to the manual update for the desktop version:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...

The latest update fixes the crash I was seeing previously when saving to PDF 🙂

Thank you Intuit, and I very much appreciate that you notified me of the fix (since I'd registered for updates)!

GerdB
Returning Member

Just installed from CD ROM (and did all updates) TurboTax 2018 Home and Business  on Macintosh MacBook Pro IOS 10.14.2 Mohave is constantly crashing. I select to send crash dump to IntuIT. But keeps crashing. 

GerdB
Returning Member

I have just installed my TT 2018 Home and Business from CD bought at BJ’s and did suggested updates immediately. Got ready to begin taxes and Crashing randomly. Mac IOS Mojave 

i too too have been long time continual user of TT. I almost think like 1991 many even earlier. NEVER have had ANY issues. This better be solved quickly (will not use anything ,on-line, as I have several DBA,s and LLC,s) 

absolutely unacceptable. 

Have sent all all crash reports to IntuIT

GerdB
Returning Member

I have just installed my TT 2018 Home and Business from CD bought at BJ’s and did suggested updates immediately. Got ready to begin taxes and Crashing randomly. Mac IOS Mojave 

i too too have been long time continual user of TT. I almost think like 1991 many even earlier. NEVER have had ANY issues. This better be solved quickly (will not use anything ,on-line, as I have several DBA,s and LLC,s) 

absolutely unacceptable. 

Comments re: virus and malware well taken; however, I will not disable. 

This is is the year I am going to look elsewhere for tax software if not fixed ASAP

GerdB
Returning Member

absolutely unacceptable. 

Comments re: virus and malware well taken; however, I will not disable. 

This is is the year I am going to look elsewhere for tax software if not fixed ASAP

in crash window

phan
Level 3

TT used to crashes constantly on my PC so I installed on a MAC and it was working fine. I have a large file after my tax was done. TT fixed the crashes problem on PC  last week and I was trying to save a PDF of my 2018 tax file and it saved without crashes, may be you can try install/file your 2018  on a PC .

GerdB
Returning Member

Thanks for reply,

unfortunately I do not have a Windows platform. 

Glad and you were able to find a workaround. 

Frustrating that TT launched code that is broken

will wait until Monday to see if any solution posted by TT tech support. 

If not, will go look into other tax software. 

xudh

I just installed TurboTax on my Windows 10 laptop, and it keeps crashing. I can't even get past the first screen entering name, email etc. Even when I try to drag the window around, it'd crash immediately. 

I have more than 10 large third-party apps running fine on this laptop. TurboTax is the only one that keeps crashing.

I've tried bunch of things multiple times (uninstalling/installing the program, rebooting the machine, manually installing the latest update, installing onto HDD instead of SSD etc.), to no avail.

Then miraculously I found the program seems to run fine under Windows 8 Settings. (Right-click the TurboTax icon on the desktop, select the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option, then select "Try compatibility settings for the program", then "Test the program" under Windows 8 settings). At least now I can get past the first screen. Dragging the window around / maximizing the window won't crash it any more.  Of course, then you'll need to save this setting so next time the system knows the program should run under Windows 8 settings.

I will see if more problems would come up under Windows 8 settings. 

Manage cookies