cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

This is an intuit bulletin board, do they ever chime in ?  Do they ever care about their clients?

Level 3

Same issue here.  I can't seem to go more than five minutes without TurboTax crashing and closing.   I am running 2018 Deluxe on Windows 10.   I have used it for years and it was never this bad before.    I think it is time to give up on Intuit.  

Level 2

Using Home and Business 2018. Crashes whenever I try to check for updates and randomly while running. using Win 10 Pro 64 with AV off.

Level 8

The four technical support people I spoke with sounded like they were unaware of this forum.  In fact, they were unaware we are having this issue across their entire line of products.

Level 2

Using Turbotax Home and Business bought from Costco on Windows 10.  Also keeps crashing.  First the update online wouldn't work.  So I had to force shutdown, reinstall and do manual update.  Now it crashes every so often - first on updating w-2.  Then trying to automatically update interest.

@bwentzel wrote:

The four technical support people I spoke with sounded like they were unaware of this forum.  In fact, they were unaware we are having this issue across their entire line of products.

Level 2

Win10 Pro / TurboTax 2018 Deluxe (download 03 FEB 2019)

Crashes or locks up constantly. Very few pieces of software are able to not just crash, but completely lock up Win10 Pro requiring a hard reboot,  but congratulations Intuit you pulled it off.  Crashes 50% of the time when saving and during many random section changes. Took 15 tries to finally sneak through eFiling. I say sneak through because it would get a little farther each time with no clear cause of random crashing.

This is a mess and an insult to your customers. Intuit -- it worked a few years ago. Last year and this year are buggy disasters. You would be better off delaying release than selling this garbage.

Level 2

Having exact same problem. Crashes constantly. Tried reinstalling, updating Windows, repairing installation. Nothing helps. Never had that before. I have always used TTX. Are there any solutions out there yet? 

Level 8

No fixes have been discussed here
Level 8

I had this problem last year with TT2017.  Here is the post: 

<http://tinyurl.com/ybwy42ey>

Same symptoms.  I did an OS refresh and clean install, running Win10Pro on solid state drive.  Spent over an hour with tech support, who was courteous and eager to help, but achieved nothing.  He stated (and I believed him) that no one else had reported this bug.  I will wait before running TT2018 to see if they finally deal with this.  Best solution is to call CS and flood all TT boards with complaints.  They may not acknowledge the issue, but they have to deal with it.  

Before anyone dismisses my complaints, I  have been using TT since taxdata 92.   So spare me the advice about disabling AV.  Good luck to all.

Level 2

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Tech support disabled all firewall anti viruses etc. downloaded an new program file from intuit, started a new tax file from scratch. Still crashed every few entries. Reloaded everything onto a new computer and received the same redults. I’ve been using TurboTax for 25 years. This is not a computer issue this a major program flaw.