lstrassman

Turbo tax will not let me change a return

I have new information after reviewing my tax return.  I am unable to make changes to my return even though I have not filed

SteamTrain

You click on "Add a State" (or is it Add another state? ) below the Fed and State displays on the near-left side,  and that doesn't get you back into your file???

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

JulieC14

This Help Article link contains the steps that SteamTrain is referencing above:  I want to change a return I've printed, but haven't mailed

LinaJ2020

How did the program prevent you from editing it?  What information do you need to edit?

lstrassman

This is a software glitch- it believes I have filed my taxes - I spent an hour already with customer support to no avail.  I can not access my return at all to do anything - the only thing I can do is print or file an amended return.  I had finishedmy taxes, I had printed them - then I got a new piece of information and went to go back and edit and it is stuck.  Again, not a tax issue a software issue. 

Cynthiad66

Since your return has been filed you  will need to file an amended return to present that new piece of information.

First, make sure you really need to amend and that your 2020 return was accepted in TurboTax Online or paper-filed through the mail. You can't amend a return that hasn't been filed yet.

When you're ready to amend, find your situation below and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax CD/Download

lstrassman

My return has NOT been filed.  I printed it I did not file it .  turbo tax thinks I filed it I did not.  That is the crux of the entire problem

SteamTrain

JulieC14

lstrassman

OMG who the F)(*k would think to click add a state - thank you I can circuitously get back in- I have not tried to edit the information but will try tomorrow- looks like it will work by searching on the thing I need to change which is to add a 1099.