April94510

Turbo tax sucks this year.......don't use it

I purchase Turbo tax through Costco, downloaded the disk and everthough I paid for turbo tax premium, every return turbo tax is charging me 45$ and 25$ for each state, I didn't get my free state.  I've called twice to get support but they ask me to call back to get an operator who might know what turbo tax is charging me again and again.  I think turbo tax is so expensive and falsely advertising there service.  I guess I'll call again friday to see if they can help me get my 45$ per return back.   Signed last year of using turbo tax

macuser_22

There are two versions of TurboTax - one without a single state *software* included that is cheaper for those that do not need a state and one that included one state *software* that costs more (additional states are extra).

The state software does not include e-fileing state that is $25 extra, but you can print and mail the state for the price of a stamp - state e-file has never been free.

hngyjnbfcv

Same thing here bought it at target and got charged 25 dollars to file for state 🙄 didn't find it worth even bothering to try and get it fixed I will just make sure to use someone else next year 😑 

hngyjnbfcv

See I get that but, especially if your buying it online like I did, when you select federal and state it does not make it clear that e-filing for the state costs extra. That's deceitful and does not make me a very big fan of their product. I will have to use someone else next year who makes it clear what it is you are paying for.

Twoneill025

I have been using TT for many years.  It has never included free state filing.  Only federal e filing is included.

It is annoying, but I print and mail the state returns for this reason.

njbr1t

The  $25 for state is the cost to e-file. You can also just print it out and mail it. 

As another responder said, you get one state included but extra states are $25 each for the software. So if you live in one state (say NJ) and work in another (NY) then you need to file two states - not Turbotax's fault!

njbr1t

TT website clearly says "State additional",  and in the 14 years I've used TT, it's always been extra.  You can print it out and mail it. Also, some states (mine is NJ) have web sites where you can e-file free.

hngyjnbfcv

Yes I get that, I work and live in one state so I'm only filing in one state. Like I said I purchased my code online and it didn't make it clear that you still have to pay to efile for the state it just says TurboTax federal and state efile. I shouldn't then have to pay to efile for the state too. I didn't say it's their fault but it is deceptive wording which is their fault and they should fix that 🤷‍♀️

Mrlefty0706

I have never used TurboTax to file more than one federal and one state return for the tax year.  I have never paid a fee to e-file the federal return and the state return e-file fee is $25.  I would suggest you read the fine print for TurboTax use for multiple returns.

hngyjnbfcv

I bought it at target because I work there and get a discount and turbo tax should make sure that their retailers make it clear and they don't. I previously lived in Texas where there are no state taxes so it's not something I would have known from previous years. As for other states letting you efile for free I have an hsa and every site makes me pay extra because of that. I am not here to argue with some random angry person online. I am simply stating that since both me and this other person bought the product from a retailer and both did not have it clear that e-filing costs extra. Clearly there is an issue with the information they are having their retailers put on their websites/packaging. You can keep on loving turbo tax nobody said you couldn't I simply stated the issue I had of buying it online and not having it be made clear that e-filing for the state costs extra. I was adding that to what they said of buying it in store at a different retailer and it also not being made clear to them that e-filing for state costs extra. It is frustrating to spend 60 dollars on something just to find out you need to spend more money or wait for it to take forever in the mail. If that's not frustrating to you I'm so glad you are pinched for money but for people who are it is something that they should be aware of before they buy the product. That's all I have to say on the matter you have a lovely day now. 

April94510

I understand I get One state for free and 5 federal for free.  The problem I’m having is I have to pay 45$ per federal return it won’t let me file unless I pay the 45$ and 25$ for state....no free one state or federal....I paid for no advantage buying the turbo tax.