Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax says Form 8938 has not been approved

Hi,

It is probably a bit difficult to be absolutely adamant about advice offered as we all have different complexities of tax return, however if you read back through some comments of this thread you will see that initially there was some issue in that the IRS had not at that stage released Form 8938 and then when it was, there some uncertainty if all variants of the TT software accommodated completing the Form PLUS the ability to e-File the completed Tax Return.

I can only say for certainty that I used the Premium software and the Form 8938 was presented following the normal TT Q&A sequence - the question being, "Did either of you own or control a foreign bank account, trust or financial asset in 2020?", the answer being "Yes". The questions drilled down a little more and subsequently gave the option to complete the first part of the Form and the required number of "Continuation Statements".

This was all in a Q&A format structure, tedious  but easy to proceed through until all accounts were covered.

I could review the actual Form in the tax return whilst doing the completion, the final Review stages covered off a couple of simple confirmations and the Tax Return was confirmed as being good to go.

E-File was completed and the final Tax Return pdf produced including all pages of the Form 8938 - not sure if this Snipping Tool image of my Form 8938 header will show in this reply! The HTML image was rejected!

My regards

Tony

jackpot1
Returning Member

After about 8 hours on the phone with different advisors trying to get form 8938 to appear, I finally had to get the desktop version instead of using the online version. That finally produced my form 8938. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You could have reported this in Turbo Tax online.  You would go to the search bar with the magnifying glass in type in 8938.  When you press enter, there will be a link that says jump to 8938 and you would complete it there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies