turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax payment

Ok I purchased the turbo Tax From Staples, I paid $59.99, but when I finished my taxes it asked for another payment of $118.00, did I do something wrong? Also I used to be able to file 2 other returns for my kids, I can't find where to even do that. Thank you [PII Removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax payment

It depends on the software purchased.  Most likely it is charging for the State returns.

If you use TurboTax Desktop, you can e-file five federal returns with up to three state returns each. However, you can paper-file as many returns as you’d like. 

Per IRS rules, you can only e-file up to five federal returns using the same email address or phone number with personal tax return preparation products.

Our license agreement doesn't allow TurboTax to be used for commercial or professional tax preparation. If you need to file multiple returns because you prepare taxes for a living, check out our professional tax software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax payment

Make sure you are not using the "Online" software either.  If you prepared your taxes using a browser...then that is NOT what you bought from Staples.   You prepare with the software installed on your desktop.

IF you did use the "Online" software, then you can only file one person's (or couple's) taxes in each account, the state taxes are a separate cost.

Beyond that, if you DID use the Online software by accident, and IF you haven't paid or filed yet, you could still just abandon the "Online" account and then finish the Staples software installation, and use that.....you could even download what you've done already "Online" and use that file in the desktop software.

But if you've already e-filed with teh "Online" software, not sure what you should do next.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Turbo Tax payment

I was really hoping I could get a refund. It has nothing to do with filing with the state. I had purchased the  program at Staples. I have the licensing code and everything. I did not realize i had not downloaded the program properly. My new computer does not have a disc drive. While I got all the way thru my first set of taxes when it was trying to charge me. I called the 800 number and Jocelyn was so nice to guide me but I had already inputted my credit card information. Yes i know it is my dumb mistake. I have been using Turbo tax for years. I figured it would not hurt to try again as I have been a loyal customer. I purchased the first program at Staples on sale for $59.99 then Sunday I was charged $118.00. I already have to pay Federal and State, couldn't you help me out a little bit. I would like to continue in the future with your company. I now know what I did wrong so it should not happen again next year if I decide to continue with your company. Thank you for your time Maureen C. [email address removed]

Turbo Tax payment

@Maureen6565 

We here in the forum can do nothing...either try taking the disk back to Staples for a "Refund" there, or call Customer Support to see if they'll give you a Credit for what you've done Online (ifffy):

It would be a "Billing Issue":

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies