turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Deluxe for Windows (10) keeps crashing. Reinstalled, re-started return, signing as admin, can't rename Xinput... Can someone help please?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Deluxe for Windows (10) keeps crashing. Reinstalled, re-started return, signing as admin, can't rename Xinput... Can someone help please?

Please verify TurboTax 2019 for Windows Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business is on the latest release

1. Open your TurboTax program if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the Help menu (upper left corner), select About TurboTax [version] 2019.
  3. Click the Version tab in the popup window and compare the module numbers to this table:

ModuleVersion

• wrapper019.000.0127
  • WinPerReleaseEngine019.000.0376
  • WinPerFedFormset019.000.2903
  • WinPerTaxSupport019.000.0115

If your version number(s) are lower than what you see here, update your program.

Please click the TurboTax Help links, listed below, to learn more. 

TurboTax for Windows crashes  

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbotax Premier 2019 for Windows crashes when any deduction buttons are pressed.  Found a similar problem on the internet.  Windows machine running Spybot Search and Destroy stops deduction window from opening and crashes Turbotax.  Removed Spybot and problem solved

I was able to go into SpyBot, as an administrator, and turn off "Live Protection" . . . crashing stopped . . . Turbo Tax user happier.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dargondev

I finally found why my Turbo Tax 2019 and 2019 kept crashing every time I attempted to e-fil a return and most of the time I tried to update the S/w or download a new form!  This was happening on a dell XPS running the latest update of Windows 10. I finally tracked it down to an issue with SpyBot protection S/W.  It appears that SpyBot was blocking access to the TurboTax server which had to occur for verification purposes for the credit card payment to be approved. Once I uninstalled Spybot, just trying to turn it off did not work,  everything worked perfectly. Now that I am done with taxes I have reloaded Spybot and left it running again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies