turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax asking updates and it keep failing saying unable to update. what shall i do ?

i am trying to finish turbo tax report. when i open it, it asks for update. when i click update , it errors to say not able to update and just stops there so i cannot do anything. what shall i do ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo tax asking updates and it keep failing saying unable to update. what shall i do ?

The following TurboTax FAQ offers assistance on how to clear this error: Error 1603: "A fatal error occurred during installation or updating"

If this does not work, please give us a call so that our representatives can assist you further: Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

same problem

@AshleyLO 

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried turning off my antivirus, shutting down all programs, running the update in admin mode.  No difference.  The next time I try to run turbo tax, it says "let's install latest updates" ... and then it fails.  I've also done windows updates (including optional ones).  I'm at my wits end here.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to the FAQ provided by Ashley LO. If you still have issues, please don't hesitate to contact support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

@ chicknlil25

dodgew1

This leads to Turbotax not running. HELP!!!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

I would suggest using the FAQ link provided below and if that still does not resolve your issue, I would definitely reach out to TurboTax customer support

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues

@dodgew1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies