Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax 2020 not adding Form 2210 for underpayment penalty

Today is 02/25/21 2:41PM CST. Form 2210 is still not available! I understand that this TT delay could affect the 2021 stimulus payment, which looks at a lower 2020 income instead of our higher 2019 income (due to Covid pandemic situation). Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks.

Not saying but have been as frustrated with this issue as everyone else on the desktop side of TurboTax  Form 2210 status update.  At one point, TurboTax offered the option to receive an email when Form 2210 would be available on 2/25.  I said yes but have not received any single email update status notification from TurboTax. As of today  11:30am PT, launching TurboTax Desktop Premier still gets you "Up to Date" message.  Obviously, reading all past post TurboTax staff and management is silent:  nobody i monitoring this community thread and be kind enough to provide reliable information.  Sad. 

I have used TurboTax for many years now. I think it is a very good product. I like Intuit. I have gotten good support from Intuit.  I expect them to have Form 2210 in the next 12 hours. If not, I will be disappointed. Should I expect Form 2210 in the next 12 hours?

tchiem
Returning Member

I have waited patiently for 3 weeks, when the date has changed twice.  This is very frustrating.

I just accidentally file my tax return without form 2210, i guess i have to wait for IRS calculate the penalty, is there any disadvantage for IRS doing that job?

been using turbotax since I was a kid I use to enter the info in to it for my dad so well over 20 years.     bought early this year because I knew I owed money and wanted to get it out of the way asap  got done with my taxes  about amonth ago then got this dang problem  Not a happy camper    was suppose to have the form earlier then they delayed now here it is the 25th and nope not available yet

This depends on your specific situation.   IF penalty is assigned by IRS for underpayment and

calculation of 2210 data clears penalty, you may have to file amended return to get your

overpayment returned to you.

Ok.  So where's the darn form?  I could have coded it myself by now.  I have several complaints about TT and annualization.  This is by far the worst...not being able to complete taxes when the IRS released the form days ago.  Secondarily, I'd like to know why TT doesn't direct users to annualizing income when it's obvious that you've done it right (sent in an estimated tax payment in the correct quarter for an income event such as exercising an option or selling shares).  The only way I can get to annualizing is to type "underpayment penalty" in the search box and following the "jump to".  It took me a long time to figure out those exact words.  If you type in other reasonable searches like 2210 or annualize you won't get a jump to option.  I don't get it!  It's similar to the covid recovery payment search.  Unless you type "stimulus", and nothing but that, you can't get there.  Why can't topics like this be under a section in step-by-step?  I had the same frustration last year related to annualizing income.  Isn't this a VERY common event?

and now 5:45 PST and so far NO Form 2210. Will the date available be punted again?????

Just to make the point, I tried typing in just "underpayment".  Nope...no "jump to" provided.  Must be underpayment penalty.  What am I missing?

It seems like there were a number of form updates that were scheduled for today (2/25). As no update was pushed out, hopefully that means they just had a short delay in pushing the entire update (and not that they just pushed everything yet another week back). I've been using turbo tax for decades and never had to wait this long to file my taxes before because TT wasn't ready to go. 

I don't know but the Federal Forms Availability Table says it's available now.  https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html 

To get to 2210 It's under

Federal or Personal (for Home & Business Desktop)

Other Tax Situations

Additional Tax Payments

Underpayment Penalties - Click the Start or update button

The link you are looking at is for the Online version of TT. We are talking about the Windows Desktop version, which still has not been updated: https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

Oh you are right.  I haven't updated my Desktop program yet.  

rrh
Level 3

True or not, the perception of many is that once you have purchased your TT who are no longer a priority ...

I, for one, plan to explore other options next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies