For 2019? The online software for 2019 returns is not yet available. Check back in early December.
You can purchase 2019 desktop software now, and download/install it to your own hard drive to prepare your return.
When you use Online TurboTax, you get one return per fee. Each return needs its own account and user ID. If you use the same account and user ID for a second return, you overwrite the first one and lose it forever.
When you use Desktop TurboTax, which you install from a CD or download to your own hard drive, you can prepare and e-file multiple returns for the cost of the software. You can e-file up to 5 Federal returns—more if you mail the additional ones. If you have multiple returns to prepare for family members, Desktop is more cost effective.
@wrlarose What is happening? Are you being asked to login? See this link, if so: Why am I being asked to log into TurboTax CD/Download before importing from my financial institution...
Please see the links below, for more information on manually or importing your financial information:
- How do I manually enter my W-2?
- Import your W-2 in TurboTax CD/Download
- Requirements to successfully import your W-2 directly from your employer
For further assistance with this, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent. TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used. So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:
- Click on this link: Contact Us
- Select your TurboTax platform.
- Ask your question / state your problem. Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
- Click Submit.
- On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions. You will be given the approximate wait time.
You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.
"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"