turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

'Transfer Return Now' option won't work without software update, but when I do that it says I am already up to date. Anybody?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

'Transfer Return Now' option won't work without software update, but when I do that it says I am already up to date. Anybody?

This is an open internet forum, so we are not able to send a push to your account. You will need to speak to a live TurboTax agent.

We do apologize for the issue that you continue to experience. Please click What is the TurboTax phone number and choose the version of TurboTax that you are using to connect with the correct agent. Let the agent know that you are having problems with a known issue and that you need for them to first push the federal download and then the state download. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax and try clearing your browser's cache.  A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

I tried clearing my Cache as was recommended and I'm still having the same problem. When I try to call the help phone line it says I have no account even though I am signed in and I get booted off the phone. I've already paid for the state e-file and can sign in so I must have an account. I am at a loss as to what to do.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry you are having trouble.

There are a couple of things that you can try to get past the snag,

• Try closing TurboTax,
  • Compete a  disk cleanup,
  • Restart your computer.  

If this doesn't work try this:

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  • If it's still not working, try again using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  • If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete cookies.

If you have no luck, please contact us.

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

All of these things I was told to do did not help. I see in your Community that this is a known problem and the only people who have found relief have been 'pushed' an update.  Can I be contacted directly and sent this update since  I have already done everything you have asked. Again...I cannot use your automated phone line, which does not 'see' me as having an account, yet I have signed online here for many, many years and already purchased the 2019 State of Illinois E-file transmit option for $19.99. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

This is an open internet forum, so we are not able to send a push to your account. You will need to speak to a live TurboTax agent.

We do apologize for the issue that you continue to experience. Please click What is the TurboTax phone number and choose the version of TurboTax that you are using to connect with the correct agent. Let the agent know that you are having problems with a known issue and that you need for them to first push the federal download and then the state download. 

Manage cookies