Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dhowema

I have no penalty, but Turbotax filled out a form 2210, checked Box A and wrote in "85% waiver". I submitted the return, but it was rejected

I received the same message. Looks like the IRS won't accept a return unless a Waiver Explanation Statement is attached to Form 2210. The statement can be found by clicking on "QuickZoom to Waiver Explanation Statement" on Line 17 of Form 2210. I entered "85% Penalty Waiver" and resubmitted my returns. TurboTax informed me that my returns had been accepted within an hour or two.
ruediger

I have no penalty, but Turbotax filled out a form 2210, checked Box A and wrote in "85% waiver". I submitted the return, but it was rejected

I am going to try the same thing. It makes no sense, but if that makes the IRS accept the return that will be wonderful
m_helfand
Returning Member

I had the same experience. It seems dumb since I am getting a refund I could not have underpaid. But given that allowed the return to be accepted I believe it worthwhile to just add the Exclamation Statement
arh6063

How do you access Form 2210 using the OnLine TT? It's not accessible any longer after attempting e-file
ruediger

You go to your return and access the forms under the "View" drop down menu.
ruediger

I attached the waiver explanation statement and resubmitted my return. It was rejected by the IRS with the same error message as before
kbernstein
Returning Member

Which box should I have checked in Part II of Form 2210?  I cannot remove the check from Box A.  And do the options require using the Short Method -- i.e. you made no Estimated Tax payments or all equal amounts?
kenbrown

I have the same problem.  Hoping a solution is found soon.

This problem has happened to me too. I have no penalty. Only tax owed, estimated payments all made on time, Refund due. Please inform how I can stop the system from generating form 2210 and/or being rejected by the IRS when I efile.   Thanks.
kbernstein
Returning Member

FINALLY -- I successfully filed my return!  Here is how:
Go to Forms View
Go to Part II:  Reasons for file
Right Click near Box with X in it to get short menu and press Override  (may need to move mouse around to get correct spot to do this)
Remove X in Box
This makes the Form 2210 not needed, but leaving in it evidently caused no problem.
(I tried to do the same for the words "85% waiver", but they are still there and did not matter.)
Save and file your return.  Received an acceptance in less than an hour.
Note I am using Desktop TurboTax on Windows 10.
ruediger

I used your instructions. Thank you. Removing the "X" eliminates the form 2210 from the filed documents. Filing the form 2210 without needing it appears to cause the rejection.
potato

I am using TT Deluxe online and can't locate a Forms View.  Where might it be I don't see it in the menu bar.  

I can't find a forms view for the online version. Anyone know where it could be?
ruediger

Sorry, I have the desktop version. There you can find the forms under "View" (drop down menu). I would imagine something similar is available in the online version.

See if this helps anyone, its what TT has released about this issue.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4612553-electronic-filing-rejection-code-f2210-003">https://ttlc.i... from original post
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies