Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot update the CD version of TT H&B The manual download says my OS is too old, it wants W7, sp1 which is what I am using.

I am ready to file Federal.
I also can't get my state program or update Health Insurance module
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot update the CD version of TT H&B The manual download says my OS is too old, it wants W7, sp1 which is what I am using.

This is NOT the correct answer.
My OS is fully updated!
There is a bug in the TT software.
The correct answer was to change computers and port the saved Tax Return in TT format to the second computer.
The older, less updated, slower laptop with far fewer resources did not experience the bug and ran the TT program, including updates, without any problem.
TT needs to find the bug.
GCN

View solution in original post

2 Replies

This is NOT the correct answer.
My OS is fully updated!
There is a bug in the TT software.
The correct answer was to change computers and port the saved Tax Return in TT format to the second computer.
The older, less updated, slower laptop with far fewer resources did not experience the bug and ran the TT program, including updates, without any problem.
TT needs to find the bug.
GCN
JustinC

Sadly you will have to upgrade your windows to upgrade your Turbo Tax program. Before you do remember to back up your save file. You may also want to import that save file before upgrading the Turbo Tax program.

Here is an article on saving a back up of your file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302142

Here is some information on system requirements

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302353

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies