Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yunwang

They rejected my refund after calling twice. i want to share my experiences of being double charged for the service I wasn't allowed to remove and they didn't complete.

if you cannot fulfil what i am paying for, at least don't charge me for that or let me remove that item from the order. Instead, you charge me all of them and told me you can do nothing about it? If I accidentally clicked into more state tax return, are you gonna charge me all of them? I am generally happy with all the help and assistance during the process, but I am really upset about this particular issue. It feels like I am charged by force and got scammed.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

They rejected my refund after calling twice. i want to share my experiences of being double charged for the service I wasn't allowed to remove and they didn't complete.

You needed to review what you were paying for before you paid.  Once you buy a state, it is yours and there is no way to return it for a refund.  If that was allowed people would buy the software and then say that they did not need it and ask for refund.  Any online purchase is not refundable.  Exploring other states is fine but you must delete the unwanted states before you pay.

Before you e-file or pay, you should always look at your fees to make sure you understand them.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

If your TurboTax fees are higher than expected, you can reduce them by removing add-ons     (BEFORE you e-file) :

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies