Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to pay the filing fee using my turbotax account. The reply I get is Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag and I can't get past it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

I am trying to pay the filing fee using my turbotax account. The reply I get is Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag and I can't get past it

The message seems to appear when Intuit has processing issues on its servers.

I got the message, then I clicked on Try Again, usually several time until an new screen came up. This went on many times but I finally got the tax return paid for and filed.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There was a technical problem at TurboTax earlier today, which has been resolved.
lbMA

It's been happening for the last 2 days so it still an issue
smith

I am also having this same problem
jmmbass

trying to finish m return and this has popped up repeatedly- WTF?

It is now 4/23/20 and the problem persists.  hOW DOES ONE GET iNTUIT TO RESPOND?

What is your current problem?

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

I am trying to pay the filing fee using my turbo tax account. The reply I get is Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag and I can't get past it

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please try clearing your cookies in your browser and then log back into your TurboTax software.  Many times, this will help clear the issue and allow you to log back in. 

Instructions to clear cookies to restart TurboTax 

Please comment if this does not help resolve the issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The server error is happening again. 

dpmillard

I received the same error message when trying to efile fed and state returns, it is now July 10th the the forms are due July 15th... what is wrong with Turbo Tax?  they are down when you need them most!!!!

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

The server error is often resolved by clearing browser cookies and restarting the program.  Here are the instructions to do so: How to Delete Cookies.

@dpmillard

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dpmillard

I tried everything with Chrome accept a complete delete/reinstall.

Only MS Edge would allow me to complete the transaction and e-file my returns....

Turbo Tax has real issues with Chrome.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies