turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I pay estimated taxes for the City of Toledo (Ohio) when I claim them under deductions which locality do I choose since City of Toledo is not listed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

If I pay estimated taxes for the City of Toledo (Ohio) when I claim them under deductions which locality do I choose since City of Toledo is not listed?

Choose "Other Ohio Cities"  or "Residence Tax estimates, OH".

You cannot use Turbotax to file a Toledo city return. Contact the city for forms. 

http://toledo.oh.gov/services/finance/taxation-and-treasury/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Choose "Other Ohio Cities"  or "Residence Tax estimates, OH".

You cannot use Turbotax to file a Toledo city return. Contact the city for forms. 

http://toledo.oh.gov/services/finance/taxation-and-treasury/

Hal_Al
Level 15

There are 2 state wide agencies that help Ohio Cities collect City Income taxes. One is CCA (Central Collection Agency) and the other, larger one, is RITA (Regional Income Tax Agency). There is a pull down list of cities, in Turbo Tax(TT), for both City Tax Forms (CCA) & RITA. But many  Ohio cities use neither agency. These cities design their own forms and require you to use them.  You can get paper copies from the individual city. Most are available at the city’s web site. Many cities will prepare the tax return for you, but you have to go to city hall in person. Some may have on line filing (try the city web site). Although they won't usually admit it, some will even accept CCA forms. So you could try filling out a CCA form on TurboTax and mailing it to your city; but I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  CCA/city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview.
TT cannot e-file an Ohio City, RITA or CCA return. It must be printed and mailed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies