turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Big-Arm

I just upgraded to premier but now the "search" function doesn't work. Do I need to reinstall TurboTax again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I just upgraded to premier but now the "search" function doesn't work. Do I need to reinstall TurboTax again?

Thank you for using  Turbotax. May  i know which os you are using

i mean Win8 or Win 10 or Win 7

The side activity I can see says win 7.  At least posted from.
Big-Arm

I called tech support and got it working.  Thanks for the offers to help.
TC-Aussie

how?

I agree - how did tech support help you get "Search" to work in Premier? Thanks.

What did you do to fix it?  It may help someone else.
NettieG
Returning Member

How was this problem resolved?  Can you share details?  When I click on search on my desktop version of Premier, I blank box without any text.  I also cannot remove the box without exiting and relaunching the software.

mott-jt

Can you share what tech support recommended to get it working? I'm having the same problem.  Thanks.

NettieG
Returning Member

Based on advice from other Turbotax users, I changed the display resolution (search Display Settings in Windows) to a lower resolution such as 800 x 600.  This will allow the box you need to click on to appear.  You will need to change the display resolution back to the original setting once you have completed this step.  My understanding is this is a Windows 10 incompatibility issue for Turbotax, but this is based on other user comments.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies