turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You charge me to pay with my refund. Nearly as much as filing costs for federal. That is INSANE and disrespectful to your customers. Was loyal to turbo tax, not anymore!

You charge me to pay with my refund. Nearly as much as filing costs for federal. That is INSANE and disrespectful to your customers. Was loyal to turbo tax, not anymore! I will not have anyone I know use your service anymore. This is so stupid, just so you can capitalize on my money. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You charge me to pay with my refund. Nearly as much as filing costs for federal. That is INSANE and disrespectful to your customers. Was loyal to turbo tax, not anymore!

On this screen you were given the option to pay the fees with your credit/debit card  OR  with the federal refund for an extra fee of $39.99  which is crazy ... don't know why anyone would willing do that. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

You do not have to use the option to pay with the federal tax refund.  You can pay the TurboTax account fees with a credit card to avoid the service charge for the optional Refund Processing Service.
kg_2013

The option should be there without the extra cost. They should gladly take care of that without charging you. It is bad customer service. We pay to use it, that should be enough!!

This process has been around for 20+ years since the beginning of the efile system and this is no different than going to a paid tax pro to get the taxes done .. you will not leave with a tax return or get efiled without paying for the service first.   In my practice I have the ability to hold a check for payment until the refund hits the bank for free however TT cannot do that.
674121fg

I would be happy to just pay with my credit card to avoid that fee but I was never told I would be charged and now it's too late to change anything! They stole money from me!

There were at least two screens where to had to agree to the extra charge.
674121fg

when they said they would deduct the "fee" I thought they were talking about the additional fee I had already previously been charged... But no worries, I just cleared everything and started over. They do not make it clear enough.

On this screen you were given the option to pay the fees with your credit/debit card  OR  with the federal refund for an extra fee of $39.99  which is crazy ... don't know why anyone would willing do that. 

those living paycheck to paycheck like some federal workers don't have their refund yet.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies