Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lgutai

Should I attach a copy of my WHOLE federal return to my to be mailed California return? The California return already has several pages from 1040 (interests, etc.)

I am asking this because the whole federal return is 20 pages, and the CA state return has only a couple of pages from the form 1040 at the end. Is this enough for the " Attach your federal return...", or I really need to attach all 20 pages for the mail in CA return?

Thanks,

L.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Should I attach a copy of my WHOLE federal return to my to be mailed California return? The California return already has several pages from 1040 (interests, etc.)

The Form 540 will say up on the top right side if the federal return is to be attached. If so, the federal return (not all of it, just the required forms) will print out behind the Calif return when you select Print For Filing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

The Form 540 will say up on the top right side if the federal return is to be attached. If so, the federal return (not all of it, just the required forms) will print out behind the Calif return when you select Print For Filing.

When I mail my California return what exactly do I attach?  The print out included Schedule A from the federal and that is all.  My federal return included Schedules 1 and 3 but schedule one is 2017 state income tax refund which is just removed as a deduction for CA and Schedule 3 is foreign tax which is not a deduction for CA.  Also I have charitable non cash contributions and 8283 should go with schedule A (1040).  I am itemizing state and not federal so no 8283.  However I was able to get it to appear by choosing to itemize federal (then I reversed it back to how it should be). Should I attach that 8283 since Schedule A states that if non cash contributions are over $500 8283 should be attached?  This is a very confusing year when it comes to these forms.  
Returning Member

I just need my 1040 form for 2019 showing my income for school

Returning Member

Can I download the 1040 forms

Returning Member

Not the entire form

Returning Member

The 1040 form is what I need

Returning Member

Ok

Returning Member

When will I receive it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies