Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JakeS187

When will the EV charging station tax credit worksheet be ready? I tried to enter my information but it says the form is not available yet and Turbotax is working on it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When will the EV charging station tax credit worksheet be ready? I tried to enter my information but it says the form is not available yet and Turbotax is working on it.

For Form 8911 it should be available on 01/25/2018 (subject to change).  See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

And for 2018?

The alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit expired for refueling property placed in service after 2017.
As of this date the Congress has not renewed this credit for tax year 2018.

For Form 8911 it should be available on 01/25/2018 (subject to change).  See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

GinnyF

There are questions regarding the calculation of the Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit and who qualifies for the personal part of this credit. The most common reason taxpayers do not qualify for this credit is that the calculation of regular tax after credits compared to Tentative Minimum Tax results in the credit being disallowed based on the amounts in the taxpayer(s) return. This is due to IRS instructions for this form.

The Form 8911 for personal installations is calculated based on certain requirements and calculations:

The following requirements must be met to qualify for the credit.
You placed the refueling property in service during your tax year.
The original use of the property began with you.
The property isn’t used predominantly outside the United States.
The property must be installed on property used as your main home.

The personal credit calculations are as follows:
Line 1 Cost of the refueling property  For personal use, skip lines 2-9.
Line 10 equals Line 1
Line 11 equals Line 10 times 30%
Line 12 equals $1,000   (unless you moved during the tax year and installed a refueling property at both residences, then the maximum is $2,000)
Line 14 is your regular tax before credits
Line 15 a and b are credits which reduce regular tax before the Form 8911 credit
Line 15c equals a and b total.
Line 16 is line 14 minus Line 15c (remaining regular tax after tax credits)
If this is zero or less, you do not qualify for a personal 8911 credit
Line 17 equals Tentative Minimum Tax
(Even if you do not have to pay Alternative Minimum Tax, the Tentative Minimum Tax is part of this calculation. Turbo Tax does this calculation for you.)
Line 18 equals Line 17 from Line 16.
If this is zero or less, you do not qualify for a personal 8911 credit.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies