turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FF312

I heard that the path act will be lifted on February 14th this year is there any truth to this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CiCi

I heard that the path act will be lifted on February 14th this year is there any truth to this?

The above answer is the correct yet generic answer.

However, in my experience I've never gotten it on the 14th. The last 2 years I've received them on 2/16 and 2/17.

I think there is a systemic freeze and it automatically lifts on the 15th and WMR updates the Saturday following the 15th.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CiCi

The above answer is the correct yet generic answer.

However, in my experience I've never gotten it on the 14th. The last 2 years I've received them on 2/16 and 2/17.

I think there is a systemic freeze and it automatically lifts on the 15th and WMR updates the Saturday following the 15th.

Hope this helps

No, no one has ever gotten anything other than the path act before the 15th. Its always been on the 16th when the wmr updates from the path act. I have always gone from the path act on the 15th to processing on the 16th to a deposit date on the 17th. Where's my refund updates on the 16th between 3 am and 6am.
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Here is information about Earned income credit and/or Additional Child Tax Credit and the PATH Act delay

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5556415

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies