Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax did not recognize W2 box 14 RSU under Wages and Compensation. from the drop down examples, I have selected "Other - not on the list below". Is this correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo Tax did not recognize W2 box 14 RSU under Wages and Compensation. from the drop down examples, I have selected "Other - not on the list below". Is this correct?

That's fine.  In the main Box 14 is a simple "memo" field in which the employer tries to tell you something about your W-2.  In this case the employers is telling you that the amount reported in Box 14, an amount created by the RSU vesting, is INCLUDED in Box 1.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That's fine.  In the main Box 14 is a simple "memo" field in which the employer tries to tell you something about your W-2.  In this case the employers is telling you that the amount reported in Box 14, an amount created by the RSU vesting, is INCLUDED in Box 1.

Tom Young

Thanks, Tom!

And how about you fix this? Because it is the year 2021, and I just spent 20 minutes searching for an answer for my 2020 taxes. I mean, Intuit is in Silicon Valley - you'd think they are familiar with RSUs as compensation, no?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies