turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a very small home bakery for 9 months in 2017 (now closed down). It was just me and i got paid in cash. I paid sales tax quarterly but where do i declare my income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I had a very small home bakery for 9 months in 2017 (now closed down). It was just me and i got paid in cash. I paid sales tax quarterly but where do i declare my income?

Assuming you did not open a corporation, on Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business. Record your earnings and expenses to determine your profit. 

Here's how:

• Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Self Employed Online.
  • Click Wages & Income
  • Under All Income, click Show all income
  • Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start
  • Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Assuming you did not open a corporation, on Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business. Record your earnings and expenses to determine your profit. 

Here's how:

• Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Self Employed Online.
  • Click Wages & Income
  • Under All Income, click Show all income
  • Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start
  • Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

I don't have a 1099-misc. Is this something i should receive from the government? It was just me selling cakes for cash. Do i need to create my own 1099-misc?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

No. Not everyone receives a 1099-MIsc. You would not issue one to yourself.

Thank you so much!
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

my pleasure
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies