Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chamsam

Hi, I filed an extension & scheduled a payment (debit from savings account) but I can't find a record of the scheduled payment. I did get an email about the extension.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Hi, I filed an extension & scheduled a payment (debit from savings account) but I can't find a record of the scheduled payment. I did get an email about the extension.

When you e-file your federal tax return extension using TurboTax, an email confirmation is sent letting you know if it was accepted or rejected, usually within 48 hours. You can print the 4868 extension form to verify this information, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for instructions:

How do I print my 4868 extension form after e-filing it through TurboTax Easy Extension?

chamsam

Hello, my concern is I don’t have confirmation of the payment amount that was a part of the extension request. The extension is fine, but I did not receive a confirmation of the scheduled payment or the amount of the payment.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax transmits the extension request (with the payment information) to the IRS and the IRS will debit your account. Keep an eye on your bank account for the debit.
Generally, the funds are withdrawn on the payment date you specify if your extension has been accepted. If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your extension has been accepted, you will need to call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537. "TurboTaxIrene TurboTax TaxPro"
chamsam

Thank you - is there no way to confirm the amount? I am just second guessing it and wondering if it would have included Q1 2019 estimated taxes.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this, Since you have already filed (if your return was already accepted), to get back in, sign into your account.
Select Tax Home in the left menu.
Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).

Go to Federal taxes (or Personal) -> Click Deductions and Credits (choose option to work on your own) -> Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid -> Choose Income Taxes -> Scroll to Payments with Extension ->
manish2

How long does it take for them to take out the funds after I file the Extension with Turbo Tax?  If it is more than a month, it will not happen now?

Efiled extensions with debit payments happen right away once accepted ... the chance of it happening now is remote at best.  Since you see no payment from the account you listed you may have entered the DD info incorrectly.  File the return asap to reduce the amount of penalties and interest the IRS will bill you for later. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies