Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Your tax refund has been approved for direct deposit. However, it may be partially or completely reduced to pay a past due obligation, such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state inco

I googled how to get to a live person lol and got the instructions as the turbo tax member person above says , 12;23am here and no money here this is so frustrating 

solomonlevi2018
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Your tax refund has been approved for direct deposit. However, it may be partially or completely reduced to pay a past due obligation, such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state inco

How much was taken and will it be on card

I'm sure somebody has went though wat I'm goin thru and I was asking for sum advice. On how.long does Sutton bank which is cash apps bank to deposit ur refund by chance??? And after my status says your refund has been approved for direct deposit how long that usually take?? Ty very much!

Most thanks will post the deposit within three business days of receipt. Ask your bank with their policy is.

I haven’t gotten neither of my stimulus and it was told that you have to file a 2020 tax return to get your stimulus. Which I did so why would I get partial or none of it. I thought the irs can’t take your stimulus check

Ok ... the ADVANCE stimulus payments were protected from things like child support and federal taxes  but the CREDIT on the 2020 return is not ... so if you have the credit on the 1040 line 30 then it can be taken in full for debts the IRS collects for.  

So I just won’t get no stimulus check. period?

but it also say that I should get a payment/credited to my direct deposit on November 8th

Look at the IRS WMR?  tool to see what is being done and when for your refund ... I cannot tell you anything.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

@Pureluv The 1st EIP payment could be seized for back child support.   The 2nd one could not be seized for child support IF they sent it to you separately in 2020 or early 2021.   BUT if you were trying to get the 1st and/or 2nd EIP payments as a recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return, they can take that money for child support,  back taxes, etc. just like they can take the rest of your income tax refund.

TurboTax does not receive any information after you file your tax return.  Only the IRS can tell you what happened.   If they seize your refund for child support you owe, then the IRS will send you a letter.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Pureluv Sounds like you do not know if you owe child support or back taxes or if there is an order to seize your refund.  TurboTax never knows about offsets to your refund.   

If there is an order to take your refund for back taxes or child support that will include taking your recovery rebate credit.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-refund-offsets-pay-unpaid-debts

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-is-a-refund-offset/00/26301

Reduced Refund      https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

NOTE: You can contact the IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 to ask if they have an offset for you on file. TurboTax would not have that information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-payments/who-can-garnish-an-income-tax-refund/L7cPPzDyc

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@4698419123 Whose question do you think was not answered----out of the 40 posts in this thread?   The question about whether a refund that included stimulus money was answered.  The answer is yes the IRS will seize any refund when you owe back taxes or child support.

Mine says this same thing. But I called the bfs line it says I have no offsets. I don't have childsupport or any other debts. Do u know why it says this?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@IzzysMom17

Please see the Help Article here for additional details in regards to offsets.  TurboTax does not have this information as this is processed by the IRS.  You will need to reach out to the IRS directly to get the exact details to your specific offset.  To do this, please see the instructions below to get to a live agent:

To call the IRS: 800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

• Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
  • Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I believe that this is generic message that the IRS gives everyone.  

I got this message, called offset, nothing. Does everybody get that message when their income tax filing is approved? I don't owe anything that I can think of.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies