Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to File Due to Forms Not Ready? Anyone else?

@jjaxalpha Please take a look at the following link for details on form 4852: IRS Form 4852

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tirbowhat

2/26/21

Just loaded Turbo Premier from CD and having the same problem. Updates complete fine, but no state forms and only the 1040 form and 1040SR worksheet.  Repeating update does not change anything.  I checked IRS.GOV - all forms are there.

Anyone know someone at Intuit to address this issue?  Or should we start contacting local news outlets to raise the issue to managements attention?

tirbowhat

CD instructions don't work.

@tirbowhat wrote:

2/26/21

Just loaded Turbo Premier from CD and having the same problem. Updates complete fine, but no state forms and only the 1040 form and 1040SR worksheet.  Repeating update does not change anything.  I checked IRS.GOV - all forms are there.

Anyone know someone at Intuit to address this issue?  Or should we start contacting local news outlets to raise the issue to managements attention?

Try a manual update if you are using a Windows based computer for the TurboTax program - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

DeniceinCA
Returning Member

I was able to finally get passed this by re-entering the license code that came with my CD I tried many other things and nothing worked. Customer service and support was absolutely no help at all. Try to re-enter the code and relaunch the software. 

DKS43
Returning Member

I need to submit and pay my taxes by today, January 31 to avoid penalties.  Will there be an extension since the forms are not available?

@DKS43 wrote:

I need to submit and pay my taxes by today, January 31 to avoid penalties.  Will there be an extension since the forms are not available?

What penalties are you referring to?

If you have federal taxes owed on the 2021 federal tax return those taxes are not due until April 18, 2022.

DKS43
Returning Member

I did not pay all of my estimated taxes.  I understand that submitting the forms and full tax payment will avoid penalties.

Which forms are not yet available on your tax return?  Estimated tax payments of tax year 2022 are not reported on a 2021 tax return.

You can make an estimated tax payment for tax year 2021 on the IRS payment website using Direct Pay - https://www.irs.gov/payments

DKS43
Returning Member

According to Turbotax K-1s are not available yet so I cannot file.  I did not pay my estimated tax from 2021 before Jan 15th

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using Turbotax Desktop or TurboTax Online? If you are using a TurboTax desktop, try the steps in this article to help update your software. 

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) 

If you are using TurboTax Online. Try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies if you are using TurboTax Online. Also, try refreshing your browser or use a different browser.    

Here are two articles below that will show you how to clear your cache and delete cookies.    

How to clear your cache - Community    

How do I delete cookies? - Community    

If you find you are having issues with it, please contact TurboTax support.  

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2/10/2022. TT Home & Business (2021).  For me, I was told by email that my 1040, Sch 1, Sch 2, Sch C, Sch SE, Form 8995 "Are Ready", but clicking Online Update didn't work! After deleting cache, deleting turbotax/intuit cookies, and clicking on Update umpteen times and receiving message to the effect that all forms are ready, they just weren't!

But FINALLY something that worked: I closely followed the MANUAL UPDATE Instructions (for CD/Downloaded TT Programs) and when I reopened TT, all was working again!

Jweb49

I have Mac version of CD based Premier software.  NO dependent children, but TTax keeps insisting that I enter a dependents name on 8812.  I don'ts need or want EIC.  What gives.

There are still 2 out of three IRS forms which are not approved yet on my tax return, [I received no notification of one being ready] what will happen if the IRS does not do compete their effort prior to filing deadline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies