Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Lol your funny not going to argue simply stating that they are 3 question marks no exclamation marks.
laneydos

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

I said exclamation marks on accident, clearly I edited it after I realized my mistake.

I mean what's the big deal who's mad?? Not me y'all enjoy y'all day n lives. I'm off cuz we all still waiting on a return.

Lol not me all smiles I'll be happier when that money hits my account
lori0791

Any ideas about why some people who claimed earned income credit and additional child credit have gotten their return already? I have a friend who filed and her situation and number of kids is identical to mine. Even same amount on return. She received her money within a week of filing. And I filed a week earlier than her and nothing. So is the irs just choosing randomly which refunds to hold or what?

They are doing that its part of the test batch
lori0791

All these new rules! Lol. It seems very arbitrary who the rules apply to though. All my friends who filed after me, with the same situations have already received their returns. Guess its good when it gets here, but sooner would be better
reereej39

I guess the rules appy to the ones that file early. My friend filed after me and she gets hers feb 14th and she claimed eic

That's not true either BC I filed on the 31st and I still haven't been approved

I filed Jan. 27 approved jan.29 and I've still not received nothing
lori0791

I filed January 24. Received the text that IRS accepted it very quickly, later that evening I believe. When I check "Refund Status" I still get the landing page about the PATH act. Ive got several friends who are in the same situations as me and they filed after me and received their returns within a week! So, clearly, the rules do not apply to everyone who claimed EIC and additional child. Who knows. I know my refund came a lot sooner than I expected last year, so maybe it will be here tomorrow or the next day. But, my ex also started some crap with me over claiming my youngest too, so he might have thrown a monkey wrench in the works as well. That'd be about my luck!

First off can we keep it strictly to the post...if you see someone making an ignorant/ off the subject / rude or inappropriate comment...don't reply back because just like they are feeling/fueling hatred for something specific you will be too and it just keeps it going...

Now referring to the forum.... I have claimed three children and earned income credit for six years now and although the PATH Act was recently implemented I have received my return within the first two weeks of Feb every year until now... So hopefully I will receive this week. But in that same not I do believe it is to help with fraud but also believe it is to help the government because we are not as well off as we'd Ike to believe. Thanks all and happy taxing!
marfet37

Anyhow, for those that do not understand that the IRS states that EIC and Child tax credit filers can not get refunds until February 15, 2018 as they are on hold due to Federal law. You are missing the point, they have already been worked on, they are being processed just like all the others that did not claim those credits. So relax..

Thank you Lol its really not that hard to understand or interpret.

Does the hold apply to both state and federal refunds?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies