Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kuhn94

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Is this true about topic 152?

Does this stay the same if your bars disappeared as well with saying your refund is being processed and a date with be given when avilable

I'm trying to find out the same thing...It seems that so many people have different reviews of "Topic 152". I do not see on the IRS website where it says that we need to contact them for anything. 

Kuhn94

Yes I see nothing either to contact them and I see so many different answers that I'm not sure which is right

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct in that you do not have to contact the IRS regarding  Topic  No.152.  Some people choose to contact them  because they don't know What to do if it's been over 21 days.

I did contact the IRS and at first, they said that I was under a 45 day review starting March 9th...Contacted them again to ask if they needed anymore information and they now say I am under a 60 day review starting March 16th but "Should receive a letter in the mail" Does anyone know whats going on? I've read that some people with this same experience have gotten their refund already....Are they just backed up and need to buy time or whats going on?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Hjohnson84

If you were told the IRS is doing a review and sent you a letter then you will have more information once you receive that letter. If the IRS needs more information from you it will be specified in the letter you receive.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm getting mixed revirew with the tax topic 152...my bar went away and it's been saying this for a week now. Is their anything further I need to do on my part??

So I got this code this year.. just showed up today.. I filed with kids and we werent accepted till 15th so i dont hit 21 days till this weekend. I'm gonna try to be proactive and call them to try to stay on top of this, I really need my refund to keep us afloat each year. I will try to remember to return and include what I find out so perhaps can help other people cause their is a ton of mixed answers. 

I've called and I don't know how to get in touch to talk to someone about the situation...what numbers do I need to push! I'm stressed. Just had a baby and out of work was depending on this money!

@Bry2908 wrote:

I've called and I don't know how to get in touch to talk to someone about the situation...what numbers do I need to push! I'm stressed. Just had a baby and out of work was depending on this money!

Contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

I got topic 152

Should I worry about topic152

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

No, you don't need to worry about Topic 152.  To review IRS Topic 152 click on:

Topic No. 152 Refund Information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my taxes on February 5 and got accepted the same day. I got my state return back but i am still waiting on my federal and its march 9th. I looked on wheres my refund and it says still processing with tax topic 152. Should i contact irs representative??

@dliesergee -

You need to file an amended return with the correct W2 information. The problem will not go away until you fix it with an amended return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies