Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I want to talk to a HUMAN

@wcmats1   Can you maybe open your 2019 return in the 2019 program?   Then save it again without a password?  

Cv77

I got excepted on feb 23rd and still my status is stuck on pending...going on 23 days now ive never had this problem filing with you guys for the past 8 years....need answers

please help me

This is not a chat line.  You have to ask a full question with details.

grenadiers1952
Returning Member

I have not purchased my Turbo Tax software as yet because I am not sure which one I need.

I know I need the DISK since we have 4 family members who use this product.

I think Deluxe would fit the bill but under what circumstance would I need to purchase the

premier version?  Also do you have coupons I can use?

All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  So you can use a lower version.

@grenadiers1952 

You mentioned a "disk".  Even if you buy a CD, you also can get a complimentary download of the installation file to use instead.  The downloaded file is much more recent than the CD.  The CD is always the first release (but can be updated to the current release after installing.)

While all the desktop editions can prepare the same forms, be aware that Basic Edition has no state program, and it cannot import from ItsDeductible.

And also be aware that Deluxe comes in 2 versions--a combo Deluxe Federal and State version, and Deluxe Federal-only version.  If you choose Deluxe and need to prepare state returns, be sure you purchase the correct Deluxe.

There is a $25 fee to efile each state return (except no fee for New York state.)   There is no fee to print and mail the state returns.

You also asked about coupons.   TurboTax does not have coupons, but some institutions like insurance companies, banks, brokerages, auto travel clubs, etc. partner with TurboTax to offer a discount (typically $10 off for Deluxe, $15 off for Premier, and $20 off for Home and Business.)  If you use an affiliate partner discount, you go through the affiliate partner's link to TurboTax.    If you want the desktop product, you should be able to get a download through that discount portal.   Getting the download is not real straiqhtforward, however.  At the arrival page through the portal, you then have to go to the CD/downloads page, where you should see the discounted prices for the download products.   If you go that route, just be sure you do NOT start a return at Online TurboTax by mistake.

You can actually get the download software cheaper at Amazon right now.  If you purchase there, and if you choose Deluxe, be sure you get the correct Deluxe (with or without state), since Amazon sells both.   Also, if you order a CD there, be sure an Amazon purchase is directly from Amazon itself and not a third-party unauthorized seller on Amazon, since TurboTax cannot guarantee the legitimacy or the quality.

There are also a few other authorized resellers of downloads online, and they are big well-known firms, such as Costco, Best Buy, Staples, and others.   If using one, just be sure it is a reputable authorized reseller.   There are fake sites with "too good to be true" offers selling pirated software or trying to steal your info.

See this FAQ:

FAQ:  Where can I buy the TurboTax software?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/where-can-i-buy-the-turbotax-software/01/2...

@ Cv77 wrote:

I got excepted on feb 23rd and still my status is stuck on pending...going on 23 days now ive never had this problem filing with you guys for the past 8 years....need answers

We can tell you some things to check first, and I've also posted steps below to speak to a live agent at the IRS.

Where are you seeing the word "pending?"    Do you see that actual word somewhere, or is that your word?   Did you mean instead that your return is "still being processed?"

Hopefully, you are not still seeing the actual word "pending" as the efile status at your Tax Home.    If you are using Online TurboTax, log into TurboTax and go to the Tax Home.   What status is shown there for your efiled return there--which of these terms:  pending, accepted, rejected, started, printed, or what?

If your Tax Home says your efile was accepted,  then I presume by your use of "pending" that you are referring to something that is showing at the IRS WMR tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

This IRS FAQ gives some situations where it might take longer than 21 days:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, and if it's been longer than 21 days since an efiled return was accepted, here's how to reach a live IRS agent to inquire about the delay, although it may not be easy.  They are extremely busy due to staff shortages and all the stimulus questions on top of tax-filing questions:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
richjoma

I am trying to retrieve my Access Code so I can do my taxes and I don't have the packing slip

Onniggaprice_1234
Returning Member

Hello my phone number on my return is[phone number removed] not [phone number removed] will you fix this on my return

@richjoma wrote:

I am trying to retrieve my Access Code so I can do my taxes and I don't have the packing slip

Are you referring to a license activation code to activate installed desktop software (CD/download)?

What did you purchase--a CD or download?

Where did you purchase the product?   Directly from TurboTax or elsewhere?

Are you a TurboTax Advantage member with an annual subscription?

richjoma

I do not have aLicense Code for my Turbo Tax product

richjoma

I do not have my License Code for my Turbo Tax product

Cv77

Says being processed over 25 days now....not pending

@Cv77 wrote:

Says being processed over 25 days now....not pending

OK.  That's what I was assuming.  In my original answer to you I went ahead and left you the info on how to phone the IRS to see if you can find out any reason for the delay.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies