Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ Cv77 wrote:

I got excepted on feb 23rd and still my status is stuck on pending...going on 23 days now ive never had this problem filing with you guys for the past 8 years....need answers

We can tell you some things to check first, and I've also posted steps below to speak to a live agent at the IRS.

Where are you seeing the word "pending?"    Do you see that actual word somewhere, or is that your word?   Did you mean instead that your return is "still being processed?"

Hopefully, you are not still seeing the actual word "pending" as the efile status at your Tax Home.    If you are using Online TurboTax, log into TurboTax and go to the Tax Home.   What status is shown there for your efiled return there--which of these terms:  pending, accepted, rejected, started, printed, or what?

If your Tax Home says your efile was accepted,  then I presume by your use of "pending" that you are referring to something that is showing at the IRS WMR tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

This IRS FAQ gives some situations where it might take longer than 21 days:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, and if it's been longer than 21 days since an efiled return was accepted, here's how to reach a live IRS agent to inquire about the delay, although it may not be easy.  They are extremely busy due to staff shortages and all the stimulus questions on top of tax-filing questions:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.