Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I had fax the form 1095a and 8962 to the irs today, will my refund go up or still be same, how long will it take the irs to processed the forms

Sure I get that NOW! Just a little too late!

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I had fax the form 1095a and 8962 to the irs today, will my refund go up or still be same, how long will it take the irs to processed the forms

I agree! I had plans to put our house on the market and look for another one and  this is a major setback! I need the funds to pay down some credit cards. Now with the coronavirus outbreak, who know when we'll receive our money. I keep checking my refund status and it still says "processing". It's so disappointing and I've been with Turbotax over 5 years!

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The reason why the program does not ask the question is that you are not required to have health insurance in 2019.  The health insurance coverage is no longer mandatory at the federal level, as of January 1, 2019. However, some states still require you to have health insurance coverage to avoid a tax penalty.

If you have enrolled in the marketplace and received a Form 1095-A, you would still need to enter that in the program.  If you have sent in the required paperwork upon the IRS request, it is estimated to take 6-8 weeks to receive your refund, unfortunately.

@mfauntleroy1978

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same issue here. Turbo Tax is garbage for not having the option to resolve this through them. I pay them to prepare my taxes because it’s quick and easy.

HI I did my taxes on the 9th of February, had a month of waiting for my fed. Refund then realized my 1095A and 8962 form had to be submitted.  I signed in to turbo, amended my health ins. Option with my 1095A info. Printed and filled out a 8962 form and mailed it in to the IRS.  Did I miss anything?  What now?  I didn't send the 1095A form, it suggested keeping for my own record.  Now what?

MikeMcdad

I am very frustrated that Turbo Tax didn’t catch mine as well. I thought everything was fine then I got that dreaded letter from the IRS. The good news is I’m actually getting back more than what I originally filed for. I’ve used Turbo Tax for the previous 8 years but I will be moving to Tax Act next year. Better service and their rates are lower than TT.

MikeMcdad

You have to include form 8962 or they won’t process it. The IRS will most likely mail you a letter requesting it but they move very slow. Save yourself some time and go ahead and send it with a copy of the letter they sent you for the 1095 A. You’ll get your return quicker but expect it to be at least 6 weeks.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The program will calculate the 8962 for you. Once you enter the 1095-a it automatically creates the form. The IRS will adjust your refund up or down based on the amount you expected to earn (for the Premium Tax Credit) versus what you actually earned. If you earned more, expect less. If you earned less, expect more.

Always be sure to input all tax forms you receive.

I didn't wait for anything from the IRS I just filled it out 8962 and sent it to the Missouri address.  Think I'll be alright?

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Maybe.  You may still get a letter from the IRS requesting the information.  You should still follow the instructions in the letter and re-send the documents as applicable.   

That's frustrating... I'm in the same boat. I paid a lot of money to use TurboTax I would have hoped they would have asked me about this. I did the deluxe package or whatever, where I had a CPA look over everything at the end. Still no mention of did I used the tax credits or not. I kind of think that I should be refunded some if not all of the $260 I paid to use the service... I know H & R block says if they miss something its free or whatever on their commercials. 

To make it even worse, Turbo Tax will take the money out of your bank account for filing the taxes if you don't get your direct deposit by a certain date. My payment was supposed to come out of my refund, but I didn't get it because of the issue with these forms. Turbo Tax isn't going to wait six to eight weeks to take the money out of my bank account. This really stinks. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@patrickjpaschal

• If you did upload your documents for the review, it should have been caught. You would be due a refund.
  • If you did not upload your documents, we assume that you entered all of your tax forms.

If you are due a refund, please use the following link for a customer support number.

I faxed mine correction 5 1/2 weeks ago.  I have called [phone number removed] and can't get any help as to if they have even received my fax.  Very, very frustrating!!

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not receive update statuses from the IRS once your return has been accepted.  You can check on the status of your refund at this IRS web page Refund Status

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies