turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Crashes on save after import of large 1099-B. First time, received error 567809. Subsequent attempts all crash the program and relaunch with no error.

Yes ... follow the instructions. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Crashes on save after import of large 1099-B. First time, received error 567809. Subsequent attempts all crash the program and relaunch with no error.

Where would I put in the 1g disallowed losses? I know I will need to send in the statements. 

What is the adjustment code for 1g wash sales?

It's March 22, 2020, and I am trying to do my 2019 tax return.  I successfully imported 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, and 1099-B transactions from one brokerage firm.  The imported data looks accurate & matches the paper documents provided by the firm.  So, I tried to save my TurboTax file before moving ahead.   BUT...

REPEATED FAILURES pop up showing Error 567809.  Clicking on the "Click for Solution" link takes me to a useless TTax web page that says: "We're sorry.  The page you requested could not be found."  Aarrggh!

It's been a year or more ... and this STILL is not fixed? 

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

There are 3 possible reasons why you may be having this error message.  The third one below appears to be the issue you are having. 

1. The file may be corrupted:

2. The location you are saving to has either moved, does not exist, or is corrupted:

3. You may not have Read/Write access privileges to the location you are attempting to save to:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No actually the problem was that there were too many transactions. They were actually 3000 transactions it needed to download and there is a limit at 2000. So the TurboTax file download truncated itself and cut it off. So I went back to the IRS rules regarding large files that are over the limit and did what they said to do so that’s all done I got the full refund and it’s all history now

Exact same problem, with exact same prompts.

Used purchased software from Costco this year.

Last year, I purchased online on TurboTax with similar Stock volume download with no problem.

This is not just a Robin Hood problem.  I use a different brokerage and I'm having the same issue.  This is a TurboTax problem.  I'm using Home and Business.  Never had this issue with Premier

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

For more information, please see: Error 567809 or 102348: Cannot save tax file or File not found.

Otherwise, click the link for more troubleshooting support.

If you are importing large volumes of trades, you may experience unexpected results. It may be more useful to use an aggregator and send in the details.

To import using TurboTax CD/Download, .TXF can be used instead. To import a .TXF, follow these steps:

• Go to File in the upper left corner in the black menu ribbon menu.
  • Hover over Import and then select From Accounting Software
  • At Choose a Program To Import From, select Other Financial Software (TXF file) and Continue.

Below are a list of Aggregator options in case you do have virtual currency transactions to report.

Using .TXF:

For more guidance on entering cryptocurrency, see: Entering cryptocurrency in TurboTax.

If any investment sale transactions are entered in summary, Form 8453 must be mailed in with the transaction detail within 3 days of submitting the return electronically.

Mail Form 8453 to:

Internal Revenue Service

Attn: Shipping and Receiving

0254 Receipt and Control Branch

Austin, TX 73344-0254

How to file when you have more than 2,000 transactions ("Your request exceeds the maximum tax records allowed by Turbo Tax" error)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2963870-how-do-i-enter-a-large-number-of-stock-transactions-in-tur...

If you have more than 1000 transactions but less than 2000, the CD version will work  (the downloadable version is subject to the 1000 transaction limit)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies