Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

To use Get My Payment, you must first verify your identity by answering security questions. If the information you enter does not match our records multiple times, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. If you are unable to verify your identity, you will not be able to use Get My Payment. No action is needed to contact the IRS.

If you verified your identity and received “Payment Status Not Available,” this means we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. This may occur for a variety of reasons, for example, if you didn’t file either a 2018 or 2019 tax return or you recently filed and the return has not been fully processed.

When can I get my stimulus check if I just filed my 2019 tax returns?

james30117
Returning Member

I filed my taxes for 2019 on April 8, 2020. I filed self-employment and my AGI is around $43,000.00. Will I still get the stimulus package? As of right now, my income tax is still being processed and it's saying I will receive it on 04/29/2020. ON the IRS APP.  "Get my cash" it's saying they don't have enough info to determine if I will get the stimulus money.

smurty
Returning Member

@james30117  I'm assuming you were referring to your refund when you mentioned 4/29. Similar situation for my tax returns. I filed it on 4/14. TurboTax tells me I can expect my refund by 5/1. No word on that "Get My Payment" site which continues to give me the same response as you got. We can only hope that we get refund and the stimulus money fairly soon. Creating a site of this sort and then continually providing a non-answer is quite pathetic.

I want to be sure that all my information on my return so we can be eligible

What are the AGI limits for receiving a stimulus check? Married, filing jointly...

@Pepper1964 wrote:

What are the AGI limits for receiving a stimulus check? Married, filing jointly...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

A13. Eligible individuals don’t need a minimum income for the Payment.

However, for higher income individuals, the Payment amount is reduced by 5% of the amount that your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($112,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household or $150,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return), until it is $0.

The $1,200 Payment for eligible individuals with no qualifying children ($2,400 for married couples filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $198,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $136,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $99,000 for all others

Each of these threshold amounts increases by $10,000 for each additional qualifying child. For example, because families with one qualifying child receive an additional $500 Payment, their $1,700 Payment ($2,900 for taxpayers filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $208,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $146,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $109,000 for all others

@Pepper1964 

Eligible individuals don’t need a minimum income for the Payment.

However, for higher income individuals, the Payment amount is reduced by 5% of the amount that your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($112,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household or $150,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return), until it is $0.

The $1,200 Payment for eligible individuals with no qualifying children ($2,400 for married couples filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $198,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $136,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $99,000 for all others

Each of these threshold amounts increases by $10,000 for each additional qualifying child. For example, because families with one qualifying child receive an additional $500 Payment, their $1,700 Payment ($2,900 for taxpayers filing a joint return) will be reduced to $0 once adjusted gross income reaches the following thresholds:

• $208,000 for taxpayers filing a joint return
  • $146,500 for taxpayers filing as head of household
  • $109,000 for all others
judypink1954
Returning Member

I just did my 2018 and 2019 taxs an I'm eligible

I can't even check to see when I'm getting the stimulus because when I put my info in the beginning it kicks me of, an its not okay I still haven't received my stimulus check on my turbotax card an i filed like in the beginning of February ugh I don't what to do??

farirm27

you did ask for our bank info so we can get the covid 19 stimulus check

DG19
Returning Member

Am I eligible for a stimulus check from the IRS ?

I didn't file taxes last year and I just file with Turbo Tax my 2019 taxes, will I get the stimulus check.

Thank you

Nujad Perez

My daughter has the same problem, she qualifies. And we keep getting the same message. Payment status Not Available.....And because of this she is unemployed so definitely needs this. Yet I know people that are perfectly fine with money that are receiving theirs!!! This is criminal!!

This is BS my daughter qualifies, is now unemployed and can't get her stimulus check. IRS website is worthless and we haven't received ours either.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies