Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

@mlogan wrote:

I am fresh out of prison as of November 29, 2019.  I was in there for a little of 10 years.  I cannot seem to be able to get an IRS account so that I can get the appropriate  paperwork to fill out.  I don't have car payments, or any credit cards.  I have been told that I need to fill out an 1040EZ form.  Is this correct?  Do I need to mail this sucker in so that I can get this money?  I do have car insurance, cell phone and some other bills.

You need to register with the IRS as a non-filer - 

IRS website for non-filer stimulus payments - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

I did that as well and it won't allow me to finish because of this code below.Screenshot (62).png

I have been trying to get my W-2 for 2019 done i have not recieve any notice for the returns but i just did them will i be still qualify for the stimulus check

@mlogan Did you file a 2019 federal tax return already?  Or did someone you know enter your name and Social Security number on their return?

I haven't needed to do any taxes at all.  No money to be filed since I was in prison.

@mlogan wrote:

I haven't needed to do any taxes at all.  No money to be filed since I was in prison.

Well, if that is the code you received, apparently someone filed a tax return with your name and Social Security number included on the federal tax return.

I am trying to input my bank routing number. Not able to insert bank route and access number

Samtmt

Am I eligible for stimus package check from IRS?

@Samtmt wrote:

Am I eligible for stimus package check from IRS?

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status or to update your bank account - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

I'm I eligible for a stimulus check 

Com6879

Due a stimulus deposit 

The information in the link supplied by CatinaT1 simply isn't true.  I filed and paid my taxes using Turbo Tax on Feb. 28th.  I used the Get My Payment tool at the IRS site and it says "Payment Status Not Available" and can't determine my eligibility.  I've looked through all their information and I'm definitely eligible. I might be getting a paper check.  I just don't know.  It seems like a lot of people getting the "Payment Status Not Available" used Turbo Tax or some other tax filing service.  That's what worries me.  If I knew I was just waiting for the check, that's fine.  If something got screwed up because I used Turbo Tax I'd like to know.  I'm definitely filing directly with the IRS next time.

I want to get direct Deposit. 

Do both myself and husband get a stimulus check? When can we expect it?

ariasanul

My situation is the same. Am not getting any answers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies