turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

colby2480
Returning Member

Tax refund

My tax return for 2019 still says accepted and has not moved from out that status for over a year now...also can't get my info for all 3 of my stimulus check as I have my direct deposit info in my tax forms...also had to pay 150 out of my bank account for the free tax filing.... now I just filed my 2020 taxes and still have not received my stimulus check....and if you answer is I need to contact the IRS that Is not a option as they are not taking calls and for the where's my payment dose not work tried multiple times 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Tax refund

While it is difficult to contact the IRS, they have instructed us to inform the public that you can check the status of your return through the IRS website using your IRS Online Account.

Online Account is an online system that allows you to securely access your individual account information.  You can view:

• The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
  • Your balance details by year
  • Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
  • Key information from your most recent tax return
  • Payment plan details, if you have one
  • Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
  • Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any

You can also:

• Make a payment online
  • See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
  • Access your tax records via Get Transcript

Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.

Tax refund

I would like to add my bank card to my account

Tax refund

@Marciegirl2021 Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies