Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TSPOONHCE
Returning Member

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

I have tried multiple times to download a .tax2019 file from the online program to my computer and open it with my desktop version.  EVERY single time it says the file is corrupted. Why?  or do I need to do something else??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Try using a different browser like Chrome.

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

@TSPOONHCE   @Critter 

One of the SuperUsers has reported that as a problem  (  @DoninGA ..........corrupted  .tax2019 datafile)  when downloading in certain ways. 

If you are downloading from the Documents Home page...the file is corrupt.

IF you get back inside your tax file, and download it instead from the popup menu at:

<Tax Tools <<Tools    Then the file is OK. 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
TSPOONHCE
Returning Member

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Thank you!  Takes some work to get a screen with the tool menu to show up (at least for me) and that download worked!!

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Great.

Yeah, once you have already filed, you have to hit the "Add a State" to get back in...even tho adding a state isn't really what you are doing.  (I really should have included that)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
TSPOONHCE
Returning Member

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

That was exactly what I did (eventually)  🙂  Thank you again!

USA2020

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

I am using the 2019 version of Turbo Tax. Business installed on my local machine.  When I attempt to open a return I have been working on for over two days I get the following message :

"Looks like your tax file is corrupt, we're having trouble opening your return.

Try opening again. If that doesn't solve the problem, create a new tax return."

Is this a known problem?

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

I Loaded and filed my Federal return.  When I tried to amend my return the file appears corrupted and keep getting  bug issue

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

I am using chrome and I have the same problem.

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

@C1V2B3 

Again....

One of the SuperUsers has reported that as a problem  (  @DoninGA ..........corrupted  .tax2019 datafile)  when downloading in certain ways. 

If you are downloading from the Documents Home page...the file is corrupt.

IF you get back inside your tax file, and download it instead from the popup menu at:

<Tax Tools <<Tools    Then the file is OK. 

..another thing, make sure you download only to your system hard drive.....then if you want to put it on another storage device...copy that file form your hard disk.

Or...call Customer Support for their advice:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

I do not see the .tax2019 file anywhere to download in the tools section.  What am I missing?

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

@taxidermi680 

OK...Get into your tax file...then again click on the following

>Tax Tools

>Tools

.....then in the blue links under the pop-up menu

>Save your 2019 return to your computer

when you click on that last command link, you can choose where to save the file ....and you'll note that it has the .tax2019 extension on it.

Make sure you only save it to one of your hard disk directories and not to some attached USB memory.  Only after you've saved it to your hard disk...then you can copy and paste a separate copy elsewhere, as needed.

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Thanks. Worked

I thought I had tried that. 

sriley231
Returning Member

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Need help. Walk me through this process. I clicked onto file I worked on last week. It then reads,"Looks like your tax file is corrupt. We're having trouble opening your return."  What the heck happened??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies