turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Expert Completing My Taxes

We have used TT each year to do our taxes. This year, do to selling our Vacation Rental in NC (NC non-resident), we are interested in having TT do our taxes for us. How does that work, if we have used TT each year? Do we upload last year's? Or do we start the form, enter the current year's data, and then let the expert take over? This would need to include the NC State Form, as we sold the NC vacation rental, as a non-resident. Would like to learn more about TT doing our taxes this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When you select to have an TurboTax expert complete you taxes, the expert will contact you and let you know what forms to upload for them to complete your return. 

Want to be clear and understand before I start this - as I have used TT each year, much (all) of my data from previous years is in last year's file. Typically used to do this years taxes. I have sold the short term vac rental in another state, and would need to fill in all of the final rental information, as well as the sale. Do I do that, and then turn it over to them, or do they do it all, and close out the rental, and the depreciation recovery, and sale of capital assets, etc. And how do I get someone familiar with state tx forms as well (ie NC)? Would like to have it all done by TT, just to be sure, but not sure if that also have state experts, and how much data do I fill in, or do we work it together? It would be a first for me, other than I use TT each year, doing it myself, vs TT doing it all.

For what year?  2020 or this year 2021?  We don't know what services they will offer next year for 2021 returns.  But here is info on Full Service.  What is Full Service?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-full-service-by-turbotax-live/00/2...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies