Switch TurboTax Online from TurboTax Easy Extensio...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Switch TurboTax Online from TurboTax Easy Extension to manual extension

I am using TurboTax Online Premier. I had it file a federal extension. I later received an email that "TurboTax Easy Extension has been rejected". But TurboTax Online still seems to think the extension was filed and the amount paid. How can I switch TurboTax Online to using a manual extension by check?

As additional background, my easy extension failed due to because of  "R0000-679-01 - 'PrimaryPriorYearPIN' or 'PrimaryElectronicFilingPIN' or 'PrimaryPriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.". I now realize that it asked for my 2018 info, but that IRS has not received my 2018 taxes so I can't really use that. So I am assuming easy extension is no longer an option for me.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Level 15

Try e-filing the extension request again, but this time enter a 0 (zero) for the 2018 AGI since a 2018 tax return was not received by the IRS.

Level 3

How do I get TurboTax Online to recognize that I need to file the extension again? Do I delete the existing 4868 form?

Level 3

I tried deleting the 4868 form. 

Now when I search for extension, then click on File Extension, it takes me the following page that asks me how much I paid with my federal extension (which actually hasn't been sent yet). I can't seem to find a way to undo the easy extension or redo it. Thx.

Screen Region 2020-07-13 at 17.10.39.png

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings